5'4 less than 100lbs. help?

Options
Title speaks for itself. I have 2 kids and you'd think i wpuldnt be complaining of my size but I am. Any suggestions, meal guides, or plans to help get back into my normal weight size? I was 115-120 before my kids and kind of want that back now. Anthing helps.

Replies

• lallyman
    lallyman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Make sure all meals have a good source of protein carbohydrates and fats. Examples; Breakfeast: Boiled eggs, two slices of whole grain toast and glass of milk. Lunch; Breast of chicken with rice or potatoes. Dinner; Chicken/Steak/Salmon/ with Rice/Sweet Potatoe/Potatoes and some veg.
    Try and have a glass of full fat milk after every meal to get in more calories.
    Also snack between meals with nuts, whole grain toast,peanut butter.
    A lot about bulking is about making foods that you will like so get handy in the kitchen with adding herbs and spices to add flavour.
    Gradually start eating a small bit more everyday and your stomach will get used to the amount of food your eating. What's happened is your stomach has shrank due to being used to small amounts of food but this will change after a week of so eating gradually.
    Hope any bit of this info helps. I'm on my own journey of gaining weight and getting there gradually.
    Goodluck
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    eat in a 250 calorie surplus
    get on a structured lifting program
    hit micros and macros
    eat some calorie dense foods to get into a surplus

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Just eat the foods you like and try for a small surplus of calories per day over maintenance. Generally, we recommend 250 to 500 calories per day over your maintenance so you need to figure out how many calories you need then add in some extras. It's not really that hard to gain weight but it's often more the willingness to do it that stops people.
  • letsgain01
    letsgain01 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Same boat. I'm all over the place recommending pecan halves. Somehow I also lost a ridiculous amount of weight after having my kid. I find pecan halves to be an easy way to get calories in when I'm busy
  • LionheartedDonna
    LionheartedDonna Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wheelhouse is on the money with foods that you like. I've found that getting the non-diet and non-light versions of foods (especially your faves) is super helpful. And in the end, my mantra is any calorie is better than no calories at all after I had many long months of less than 500-700 per day. So no feeling guilty if you reach for ice cream and goodies! Just remember to try and add in healthier calories when you can, like cooking with olive oil, eating nuts and nut products, snacking frequently, etc. Good luck! And I hope you make good some progress that makes you feel better :)
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Go buy some all natural peanut butter and some crackers and eat.
    Do not use this place. Therapists warn people that these sites are harmful for those trying to gain weight. Do not weigh or measure food.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Eat more dense foods; avocado, peanut butter, nuts, eggs, full fst dairy, red meat, ice cream, bagels, drink calories (more chocolate milk), high calorie protein bars or shakes, add oils and dressings to foods, lots of cheese.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    eat in a 250 calorie surplus
    get on a structured lifting program
    hit micros and macros
    eat some calorie dense foods to get into a surplus

This 100%
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    Go buy some all natural peanut butter and some crackers and eat.
    Do not use this place. Therapists warn people that these sites are harmful for those trying to gain weight. Do not weigh or measure food.

I think you are referring to people with EDs, correct? I think you maybe presumptuous since the OP hasn't mentioned this.
  • letsgain01
    Options
    Also don't know why they'd be here is they think it's dangerous
  • Wheelhouse15
    edited January 2016
    Options
    letsgain01 wrote: »

It's certainly not dangerous for people without medical conditions (including EDs) to seek advice in such forums as this. Those who are suspected of of having an active ED or of being pro anna are often asked to leave these forums for their own health and well being.
  • letsgain01
    Options
    letsgain01 wrote: »

It's certainly not dangerous for people without medical conditions (including EDs) to seek advice in such forums as this. Those who are suspected of of having an active ED or of being pro anna are often asked to leave these forums for their own health and well being.

I agree wholeheartedly. But that isn't the case here