Eating disorder

Options
hi all,

I am writing here because I do need some help. I am currently underweight and have developed an unhealthy relationship with food. I overthink what I eat when I eat. To some extent I even fear getting hungry because it means I have to eat. can anyone help or give me some advice?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You need to see a Dr. Being on a website that tracks your intake won't help until you are well on the way to weight restoration.
    Good luck x
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you will find some useful information in the link below, please take the time to read it

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1575987-eating-disorder-resources
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hopefully you will find some useful information in the link below, please take the time to read it

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1575987-eating-disorder-resources

Same. We can't really do anything as it's a mental disorder, but we can guide you towards people who can help you.
  • LionheartedDonna
    LionheartedDonna Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi hoopika,
    It's true that seeing a doctor is the best mode of recovery, but I completely understand that healthcare is not equally available to all people especially in certain parts of the world. There are lots of resources out there if finding medical attention poses too many challenges at this moment in time. No one here is a doctor licensed to give you medical advice, but from other's personal experiences, I think it's true that you can move in a happier direction away from food fear and food anxiety :) Don't be afraid to post more or message for more discussion
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    When I developed an eating disorder, I had to stop using MFP completely because the numbers (cals left/eaten, weight, etc) would drive me insane. I remember having a meltdown because I ate 200cals. Honestly, you should not continue counting calories and just eat foods that you know are clean. Make a goal and force yourself to eat no less than your BMR