New & seeking friendship/support

Options
Hello everyone, I'm new to this & need to find something manageable that I enjoy & can stick to. Over the past year I've gained weight due to hectic lifestyle & a few injuries. I've tried clean eating & slimming world & failed. I need structure & to keep an eye on exactly what I'm eat. I love clean eating but I also love cake so tend to keep away from it, even the clean sort. My portion sizes are probably my problem although I do eat healthily. One of my main problems this past year is lack of exercise so looking to try to fit it into my hectic lifestyle as I have children & I'm currently in my second year of a degree which involves lots of travel.

I love learning about others journeys & about what works for them. Would like support from those in a similar situation to me & would be support to anyone who would like it so please add me

Replies

• linzh221018
    linzh221018 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your kind words I will check this out, I'm feeling really focused already
  • poirshe
    poirshe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site/family! All of us on here need support and motivation! You'll do great! You've made the right decisions... you should be very proud of yourself.. we are all proud of you already!
  • mamanewland
    mamanewland Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Add me as a friend if you want.
  • bzymommy5boyz
    bzymommy5boyz Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend
  • davefromsask1
    davefromsask1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome, add me as a friend if you like.
  • rhyscycles
    rhyscycles Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Add me. Looking to lose 1 stone .
    Rhys
  • linzh221018
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for their kind words
  • reobeaumont
    reobeaumont Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Heyy :) welcome to MyFitnessPal! You sound just like me 7 months ago - I was way too busy to think about exercise and I liked bad food too much to not eat it! I wouldn't stick to slimming world or weight watchers because it seemed there were far too many rules to stick to, and so many things you CAN NOT EAT.
    The beauty of MyFitnessPal is that it works out how you can still fit the "bad" stuff into your diet. Because it's only counting calories and there are no "NO GO'S", you can still have the occasional bit of cake or sausage roll and as long as it's logged on here you're all good! You just sacrifice the calories elsewhere! I feel if you cut things out you're only going to crave them more and that's the logic i've lived by since june last year and i've lost 20 lbs! (Weighed myself yesterday morning!) I didn't have loads to lose, but i was creeping into a size 14 and it was making me uncomfortable, i am now back to a happy 10/12 :) if there is ANYTHINGGGG i can do to help, i'd love to share my journey with you and make sure you have the same success !
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! :smiley::smiley:
  • linzh221018
    Options
    Thank you everyone really kind and supportive words looking forward to my journey
  • amyrandy39
    amyrandy39 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp. You can add me as a friend also! I am a 43 mother of 2 trying to lose about 20 pounds.
  • Lisak_08
    Lisak_08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me too....ive got a way to go and looking for friends to help me on my way and stick to keeping the weight off.

Good luck everybody. ....we're all in the right place :)
  • tonecutie2016
    tonecutie2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hello my fitness peeps...im new with this and have low thyroid.i try my best to eat healthy.i lost my son year ago in june.i landed in depression ville..but now tryin harder to take better care of myself.need friends for encouragement and keep on the right track.
  • linzh221018
    Options
    I will certainly add everyone & offer my support & friendship. Good luck everyone on your journey
  • larx2016
    larx2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome :). I just started today.
  • bangingiron
    bangingiron Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome you. Feel free to add me for motivation and for myself to get motivated by others
  • feeeet_84
    feeeet_84 Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hey everyone... I guess we're all here to motivate each other to keep up the good work.... Happy to join...
  • mikeshockley
    mikeshockley Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Your write sounds like I could've written it! Portion control, lack of exercise, etc. feel free to add me an good luck!!
  • piperloritudhope
    piperloritudhope Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi!