how much weight do you lose a week?

Options
I know its only been a couple weeks doing this for myself, and I dont have a huge amount of weight to lose. I am just curious if there is anyone that was in the 150's..that may not have a tone of weight to lose...that can tell me how long it took you to get to your goal. I know everyones body works at different speeds..but i would love to have an idea of what peoples experiences were..

Replies

• Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    1-2 lbs a week when I am doing everything right according to my calories. I have a lot to lose so it is consistent, but I yo-yo which is why I have only lost 6 lbs.
  • darkhorse43
    darkhorse43 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I started around 152 and have lost an average of a little less than a pound a week over about 10 weeks.
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i hit 161 in august of 2010. i decided then and there that it was time for change!!! so, september 1st i started exericising daily (nothing that would kill me, otherwise i would never keep at it) and eating better food. i lost 34 pounds in about 7 months and have maintained the same weight for the last month. i still exercise daily and control my diet but i have relaxed somewhat and that is why i think i stopped losing. i would love to lose a few more pounds and if that means 1 pound a month then so be it. i've got nothing but time, right? good luck and don't get discouraged. results are the BEST motivation!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    The lower you get the slower it goes.... I was really starting to lose patience this past month.

I'm 5' 7"
    175 ---> 150 in 9 months
    175 ---> 160 @ lose 1 lb/wk (I didn't lose during TOM so actually about 3 lb/month)
    160 ---> 150 @ lose 1/2 lb/wk (more like 1 lb every 3 weeks)
    Just hit 150 today.

I did have to take a break for a while because of a health scare

From the get go I was all "lose it slowly to improve the odds of keeping it off" but now that I hit my goal maintenance is scaring the crap out of me.

I'm going to continue to track. Part of me feels like I need a break from losing, but there's part of me that's say maybe 5 lbs more. Mostly I'm glad to be back in the "Healthy" weight range.
  • awf2215
    awf2215 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Less than a pound a week and that is working out 5-6 days a week and eating 1200-1700 calories a day, trying to stay at 1300 most of the time. I am 5' 5.5" I started at 143 lbs. I dropped the first five pounds in the first week because I did low carb but I think that was just water weight. As I worked out and kept watching my calories the next three or four pounds took like six to seven weeks to come off. Change up your routine, and eat more some days to keep your metabolism going. Just make sure you watch the sodium and the carbs. I only really lose when I do really low carb. Stay at or below 2,000 on sodium if you can.