Gym time

Options
I'm already dreading the gym

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    OK? You have several other options, you don't have to go to a gym.
  • emcclain951
    emcclain951 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Trying to be consistent and keep myself in some kind of routine but I'm just exhausted. Kind of lazy too..just being honest
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Ahh, so it's not the gym you're hating, you are just too tired right now. Maybe just go and walk while you read? Just to keep with the routine. Or walk a mile or two around your neighborhood?
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    LOL. It IS hard to go when you're already tired. Do you feel better after the workout?
  • smis92103
    smis92103 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    How bad do you want it?
  • emcclain951
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I always feel better when I work out and sleep better too... You're right @smis92103 ... If you want something bad enough you'll do what you need to to achieve it...and "The time is now" lol its long over due
  • Piggytummy
    Piggytummy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Is there an activity you can do that you actually enjoy? I wasnt a huge fan of going to the gym and I was never motivated to do home workouts but once i found crossfit i ALWAYS look forward to going. Just have to find what gets you excited
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I used to dread the gym. But the more you go, the more you'll crave it. I started off by simply walking, and using the app Daily Workouts Free. Find something you like, whether it is walking, TRX, Zumba, yoga, or weight training. The goal is to make it fun.
  • emcclain951
    Options
    Very true.. @KarlaH9801 the more I go the easier it's getting.. So far I haven't left the elliptical it's been two weeks of working out and now I need to push to try something else and keep it fun like you said.
  • smis92103
    Options
    Once you create a habit out of it and see the amazing results you can achieve with consistency and dedication, you will not want to stop. The question is what are you REALLY committed to? For example, I have a hard time with eating right at the evening-because deep down inside I am committed to feeling comfortable and enjoying my life and do whatever I want. It is hard for me to break because that is not worth it to me right now. I am also committed to looking hot, so I drag my *kitten* to gym on regular basis and bust my a..

If you are doing cardio in the gym, then yes, I would dread it too. Do you lift weights? Listen to amazing music which makes you feel amazing? Get your energy going with pre-workout?

:)

You got this.
  • smis92103
    Options
    Here is a nice article on how to set goals and stay motivated. Maybe it will help! https://www.myliporidex.com/blog/how_to_set_your_goals_and_stay_motivated/
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    You will regret missing the work out more than you will regret going to the work.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    When I first lost weight I started on the elliptical because my knees and ankles couldn't take the other impact. I still love the elliptical, but I found the rowing machine could be a lot of fun too, the walking, running track, the stair climber I liked as well. Never did find a bike or treadmill I particularly enjoyed, but I tried them all just to see what I liked.
  • mandykent111
    mandykent111 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Do you have someone you can have be your workout buddy? Then on those days you are not motivated they can help push you, and you can try new things together as far as workouts.
  • benboyd85
    benboyd85 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Do classes instead of the gym. My gf doesn't really care for the gym, so she takes a bunch of different classes with some pass thing she has now and then comes to the gym with me still sometimes when I drag her.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I love the gym! Love lifting! Love running. Love yoga! Find something you enjoy!