Motivation for losing 30lbs

Options
Need friends! S.O.S Really need motivation to exercise at least 4 days a week. After 10hrs a day of work. Hard to get myself amped up about it.

Replies

• blp66
    blp66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also have a hard time getting myself moving after work. I'm tired! It has helped when I've been able to do a 30 minute walk instead of lunch while I'm at work. I also just joined a 30 day challenge for squats and planking and set my phone to alarm about the same time I get home in the evening. Once I pour a glass of wine and sit down, it's all over....
  • williamsbantonio
    williamsbantonio Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like the phone alarm idea! I've been working out 4 days a week for the last 2 weeks. The work outs are feeling easier on my body and my endurance Is up. Just mentally I have to over come the voice of " just take today off" lol
  • williamsbantonio
    Options
    I need a pep talk lol
  • Piggytummy
    Piggytummy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    As much as I hate mornings I do my work out at 5:30am to get it done then I have my evenings free to do what I want. It was a hard habit to start but now its routine. Also finding an activity you actually enjoy helps..Its hard to get excited about sit ups and treadmills
  • suzannefernsten
    suzannefernsten Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree that working out in the morning before breakfast is an easier way to make sure a work out happens. Try to go to sleep a little bit earlier then wake up earlier to work out. This has been helping me stick to it.
  • avingers
    avingers Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Also trying to lose 30lbs. Just started up with MFP again after about a year off. Just started back at the gym again yesterday after a few months of pure laziness. It's so hard to go! But trying to get back on track with the scheduled classes at Lifetime. It makes it easier when there's set days and times.
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose another 26 but my routine is rather gym heavy. I think routine is the key word though. If you put it into your weekly schedule, you just tend to do it on auto pilot. I'm not a morning person, so I work out in the evenings after work, or at lunch. If I know I'm going to a nice dinner in the evening, I eat way less calories in the day time, etc. Count all your calories using the app, log every day, and for fitness just do something you enjoy and something you can move the goalpost with. For example, if you like running then use the C25K app, then when done with that, do the 10k. Etc. Good luck! The only one who truly cares about your health is you, so just do the work. Before you know it, this will just be a lifestyle. I've already lost over 30lbs. Best of luck!
  • williamsbantonio
    Options
    Thanks all for the replies!!! Maybe I can try getting a work out in the mornings. Getting up at 4am can't be that bad lol
  • neboyko
    neboyko Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of my journey, and I'm craving junk food like crazy. Anyone else find they are miserable? I feel like I'm losing motivation.
  • williamsbantonio
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I was never big on junk food, but now I'm dieting I get crazy cravings for candy, chocolate candy. I usually just have a glass of water and tell myself it's not worth it!! Hang in there you can push threw it. Hitting your goal is way more rewarding then any snack
  • chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    neboyko wrote: »
    I'm on day 4 of my journey, and I'm craving junk food like crazy. Anyone else find they are miserable? I feel like I'm losing motivation.

Work some junk food into your calorie amount. I find if I tell myself no then I will obsess and binge. When I want pizza I make pizza and make sure i'm eating a reasonable amount and it fits into my calorie count.

Motivation is fleeting, you need dedication. Just like you have to go to school or work and you're not motivated, you're dedicated. Just get it done.