Gluten free bread or sprouted bread?

Options
Although I've done almost a compete 180 on my diet and changed or given up some things I'm finding it hard to give up bread. Now I know some people feel you don't have to and for many people I agree with that, but I have a problem with metabolic syndrome so limiting starchy carbs is best for me. I still like to have a piece of toast with breakfast and it is usually the only grain or starch I eat for the day. I'm not sure what bread is best to eat. Gluten free has no wheat but seems to be made with starches from either rice, potato, or both. Sprouted grain bread has wheat but seems less starchy. I am trying to eat a more primal diet which is sorta a "lite" version of paleo. If I'm going to have a piece of toast I want it to try to make it as healthy a choice I can. Any ideas which is best and what brands to look for?

Replies

• momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    In the morning I have pepperidge farm 45 calorie toast and I like it a lot. Friend me and you can view my diary for the exact name of the bread. You may have to just read labels and find the best one for you.