Anyone been to a Sandals Resort?

Options
Michelle09
Michelle09 Posts: 50 Member
Hi-

My fiance and I are thinking of going to a Sandals resort for our Honeymoon. Anyone been before? Thanks!

Replies

• Michelle09
    Options
    Hi-

My fiance and I are thinking of going to a Sandals resort for our Honeymoon. Anyone been before? Thanks!
  • rulinda
    Options
    Hi Michelle, yes I got married in Royal Carribean Sandals, Jamaica five years ago and it was lovely. It was my first tast of "luxury all inclusive resorts" and I had a brilliant time. But, better than Sandals there is a group of resorts called "Secrets" and we went to one in the Dominican Republic, they are 7 star and made Sandals look like a Travel Lodge despite being cheaper. Have a look on t'internet for Secrets Resorts before you book Sandals.
  • runningdevil
    runningdevil Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I got married & honeymooned at Sandals Negril in Jamaica in October 2006, and it was fantastic. I would recommend it to anyone wanting a "no worries" type vacation because it's all-inclusive.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey Michelle!

I have heard nothing but good things about Sandals!

How exciting and fun!! WOO!!!! :drinker:

Hug!
    Tam
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    Michelle,

I have gone on 5 all inclusive resorts in the past 5 years, and I have to say that I have liked the Adventura Spa palace and Sercrets Excellence where by far the best two. I have been to Sandals and another palace resort, ranging from Atlantic side to the Pacific, to Puntacana (Dominican Republic)

I enjoyed the resorts where kids were not allowed, (on your Honeymoon you will probably be more "lovie-dovie" than typical) more adult things to do and enjoy, including quiet beaches.

the only thing that I did not going into the Adventura spa palace was that it does not have a sandy beach, it got hammered by the Atlantic, they did have nice lagoons but I like the Secrets Excellence resort because it had a beautiful beach.

good luck and let us know what you decide
  • Michelle09
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am going to research them....the great advice is very much appreciated. I'll let you know what we come up with!:happy:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I just got back from Los Cabos, Mexico and that was amazing. Truly beautiful.

I agree with HiandTri, definitely go to an Adult Only resort for your honeymoon.

Do your research. Also decided what you want to do on your vacations. Whether you want to go on tours while you are there or just bum around on the beach. That may help make your decision too.

Enjoy!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Me and my hubby went about 17 years ago and I've wanted to return ever since-it was AMAZING!
  • patrick_star_trek
    patrick_star_trek Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    No, but I know a dude who has "partied" with all the Caribbean ladies...
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    No, but I know a dude who has "partied" with all the Caribbean ladies...

Funny how that dude has not come back to answer any of my questions, maybe I am interested in a quick(ie) vacation.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Isn't Secrets the one where their commercials are about the couple boning pretty much the whole time? That sounds like the one you want to go on.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    We went to Secrets Silversands in Cancun several years ago. It was beautiful and the service was great. The beach was kind of rocky - not a problem, really, if you're just hanging out. You could totally walk on the beach and enjoy it, but it isn't somewhere you'd probably want to play beach volleyball or something like that.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    never been to Sandals but hedonism II is a lot of fun
  • mfranz42
    mfranz42 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sandals WhiteHouse in Jamaica is beautiful! Have a great time
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    OP got married in 2009. They're probably already divorced by now.

Shades of "Along Came Polly"