Exercise tracking & the Fitbit

Options
Hi so my fitbit is linked with MFP so it will auto calculate any calories I burn in access to my set daily caloric intake and deduct it as active calories burned. Now if I go on the elliptical for example for an hour I can rack up a fair amount of steps and I add that hour calorie burn as well SO should I be removing my fitbit during my workouts so as to not double account for those calories burned?????

Replies

• melissavangulck287
    melissavangulck287 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Are you putting your Fitbit into activity mode when working out? As long as you're in activity mode, there's no doubling up on calories burned, it tracks them separate from your daily calorie burn.
  • txlisafit2016
    txlisafit2016 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    How do you put a Fitbit in activity mode
  • melissavangulck287
    melissavangulck287 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Hold down the button on the side, your Fitbit will vibrate and a timer will start. It'll track your workout and post those steps and calories separate from your daily ones. Just remember to take it out of activity mode when you're done (hold down the button again until it vibrates!). I forgot once and it posted a 5 hour workout LOL had to delete that one!
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options

Also, some don't have that feature. I've got a Zip and no activity mode for me!
  • georgie_lou
    georgie_lou Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Will that stop me from doubling up calories on MFP? I do t want the calories from the period of exercise to transfer to MFP
  • debkie77
    debkie77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just make sure to accurately record the time of day you are exercising and enter that into MFP. Then Fitbit will not count 'steps' during that time & thus will not double count.
  • georgie_lou
    georgie_lou Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Candela16
    Candela16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Does "Activity mode" work in the flex?
    And, if I do an exercise video starting at 7pm, then fitbit flex won't count those steps? Do I enter the activities on MFP before or after I do them?