I don't know what to say. I've been here before.

Options
I'm 45 and have been overweight my adult life. I have had some success bring my chol numbers down, but now the doc says I have to get real. And really fast. Little faith in my ability to do so since I have said I would so many times before. I could use support. I'd like to lose the first 30 by the end of the semester ( I teach college). Anybody?

Replies

• soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Add me! I've been here before too and did I it! Lost over 30 lbs and kept it off for a few years. Slowly crept back on over the last year and now I'm back where I started. So I'm back here again and I will get this weight off. I'm a teacher too, high school, and would love to drop 30 by the end of the school year!
  • kelbels1
    kelbels1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Been there before as well. I have decided that I need to make life long changes of good eating and stay moving. I have fibromyalgia so the moving part is pretty hard but I am pushing myself a little at a time and it's working. I won't be running a marathon any time soon but I will be able to play with my grand kids. Log in everyday and track your progress and food. It helps so much to know where your extra calories are coming from.
  • lhs1965
    lhs1965 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    add me. I lost 38 lbs and then a trip to Tuscany and the holidays resulted in putting 12 lbs back on. Now I am back and working on my goal of loosing a total of 70 lbs
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    You can add me!!
  • heremfp
    heremfp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thxs!
  • heremfp
    Options
    I have to go to Norway in June, so I need to have myself in a steady grove before that!
  • heremfp
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have fibro as well! Small world.
  • boombalatty123
    boombalatty123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm 48. I lost 25 pounds using MFP in 2014 and was highly motivated and well on my way towards my 45 lb goal, then had a very depressing year of caring for an elderly family member through their decline and eventual death. The diet went out the window during that time. I regained 17 pounds, but now I'm back. I started logging on MFP again and I'm down 8 pounds since December 1!

This time I'm following the 5:2 diet, which is supposed to help with bloodwork numbers. I'm almost due for my first blood test since starting the diet, and I'm very interested to see whether is true or not.
  • erin3215
    erin3215 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Add me! I've been here before too and did I it! Lost over 30 lbs and kept it off for a few years. Slowly crept back on over the last year and now I'm back where I started. So I'm back here again and I will get this weight off. I'm a teacher too, high school, and would love to drop 30 by the end of the school year!

Also a teacher, 30lb by end of the year sounds like a great goal! Count me in :)
  • Imomw2016
    Imomw2016 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That's okay. Most of us have been here before. Feel free to add me. And of course you can do this! Just one day at a time instead of worrying about the bigger picture at this point.