How does this app track all my steps?

Options
Hello,

I'm new to using this app and any advice is very much welcomed! I was wondering how accurate is this app and my iPhone to tracking exactly how much I walk?? Anyone know? Should I invest in another recording device? Thank you!!!

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    MFP does not track step.
    MFP will reflect any calories burned reported from a device (Activity Tracker, iPhoneHealth, Fitbit, Garmin, etc) that is synced to MFP by the MFP member.
    Accuracy of calories burned will be the accuracy of the synced device. MFP has no influence on the Step counting or the calorie burned conversion, the device synced does.
    Go to the "APP" option at the banner above
    I hope it helps
  • dramamama06
    dramamama06 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I use pacer and it links to mfp
  • renew705
    renew705 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mfp will retrieve info within iPhone Heath app. Yes accurate steps. you need to allow it to link up in settings.

Trackers are fun for me, yet they don't motivate me like I hoped.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Mfp alone will not track steps. You'll have to pair it with another device
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    MFP itself will not track steps. You would need a pedometer app or a fitness tracker to log your steps into MyFitnessPal. Some phones have built-in pedometers, which are great if you always have your phone on you. If you do not, a separate pedometer or fitness tracker may be for you. I love my FitBit Charge, but that is my own personal choice. Best of luck to you.
  • Anne_R91
    Anne_R91 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    MFP does not track step.
    MFP will reflect any calories burned reported from a device (Activity Tracker, iPhoneHealth, Fitbit, Garmin, etc) that is synced to MFP by the MFP member.
    Accuracy of calories burned will be the accuracy of the synced device. MFP has no influence on the Step counting or the calorie burned conversion, the device synced does.
    Go to the "APP" option at the banner above
    I hope it helps
    I just got a fitpid, but I enjoy this app better for logging food, so I'm excited to see I can connect my fitpit to this app! Thanks. :)

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    If you have an Apple (iOS) device with a motion-detecting chip, you do not necessarily have to have another activity tracker synced.

​Please see this article, and search for other helpful articles, on the MFP Help pages...

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1525167-how-does-the-step-tracking-feature-work-