Weigh In

Options
Do you think it wise to weigh myself (and record it on MFP) daily or weekly? My thought is weekly, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Replies

• BethanyCee
    BethanyCee Posts: 70
    Options
    Weekly, definitely! Your weight can fluctuate a lot from day to day, doing it once a week will give you a much better sense of progress. If you are set on weighing in daily, then only record it once a week.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh myself daily in the mornings...after I went to the restroom and all. It keeps me motivated for some reason but more so that I lost a pound within a 2-3 day range :bigsmile:
  • k9fan4life
    k9fan4life Posts: 19
    Options
    Howdy, I always do it weekly. Weight can change so much from day to day, you really wont get an accurate reading on your progress.

Hope this helps
  • sassenachtiff
    Options
    Weekly. I used to weigh every day and it turned me into a crazy person! lol I feel less obsessed now.
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i do on sundays.but i wont lie,sometimes i cheat and weigh in halfway through,just because i get nervous :)
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i like to do it daily so that i can get a good overall picture of my weight, because it can fluctuate so much from hour to hour, let alone day to day, if i only do it weekly then a whole tonne of issues can affect the reading, water, sodium, time of day, full/empty bladder, pmt etc, so i find if i do it daily, then of course its going to go up and down and stand still etc but at least i can see if i am on the right path quicker, than if i leave it a week. not sure ive explained myself correctly there, but i find it helps, its good to know that the handful of popcorn i had two days was balanced out by the extra bottle of water i drank etc...

good luck whatever you decided to do, and if you do go with daily, record it, but dont panic or get demotivated if you see it go up or stand still for a few days, what matters is that it is on a general, slow decline. :-) x
  • alibreasy
    alibreasy Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself weekly on the same day in the morning after you use the bathroom naked to be the most accurate. Weighing yourself daily will not make you the most accurate, but will drive you crazy with the fluctuations of normal body chemistry. Some people weigh themselves every two weeks or once a month...but I find once a week is just enough, even some people weigh twice (at midpoint) per week. But daily weigh too much! Hope this helps! Happy weightloss to you!
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Weekly. Eating slightly higher sodium one day makes my next day look bad, but over the week it all evens out.