Calorie intake

Options
Hey,

Need some help on my calorie intake.

I'm 204lbs and training hard 5 timed a week. Cycle to and fro work 15 miles a day.
Currently hitting around 2000 calories a day.

I'm assuming I need to increase this?

What are some quick fixes if any?

My goal is to stay lean.

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Are you losing weight?
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    MFP has excellent tools for calculating calories. Set your goal (if it's maintenance, put in your current weight) and it will calculate calories for you. Given your workout schedule, you can set to sedentary and log your exercise, which will add in additional calories every day. Without even calculating, I would be fairly sure you are under on calories. You want both muscle and low fat, thus you need to make sure you're eating enough to build it. There is also another forum that is about recomp.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    gavinlisle wrote: »
    Hey,

Consume more calories, that's pretty much it. Very quick and simple
  • Ironman1085
    Ironman1085 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    10x your body weight to start. Then find the multiplier. Between 1.3 and 2.3. To find what that multiplier is you have to consider age, left younger right higher, body fat same thing, metabolism slow or fast Same thing. Those are the biggest factors. From that youbget your mantnace level may need to adjust. Then to lose weight its 500 cals less. To gain its 500 more. Protiens on lost would be 1 x your body weight. Fats are like 15 to 20 percent and carbs are whatever is less. To gain weight.nits less protien more fats and carbs whatever is left. 25 grams of fiber a day, 3 cups or fruits or veggies. And boom. Remember 1 gram of carb is 4 cals. 1 gram of pro is 4 cals. 1 gram of fat is 9 cals. You have the answers right here...male and female. This is not exact wveryone is different but its a great start. Make it 4 to 6 meals a day and workout. Oh I forgot to add on that multiplier activity level. The more active go to the right.
  • BettyBoles
    BettyBoles Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    gavinlisle wrote: »
    Hey,

There is no quick fix, you need to work hard to shed some pounds. Have you seen any progress?
    You are doing well but keep tracking your calories to maintain.