Donate old clothes

Options
Anybody know a website where people donate old clothes that's to big I'm bout to get rid of mines.. I wish there was some way to recycle clothes while we drop sizes...

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    Salvation Army? Goodwill? Freecycle? Any clothing and shoe donation drop box that's most likely in the parking lot of your local grocery store? :)
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Or a local church?
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I give all mine to the PDSA charity shop :)
  • Asianbutterflies
    Asianbutterflies Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I give all my clothes to either salvation army, goodwill, and my church.
  • chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I need new clothes but I'm super poor, what size clothes are you tryna donate.

I really can't keep buying new clothes just to drop sizes a few months later lol
  • emmycantbemeeko
    emmycantbemeeko Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    There are donation bins for various charities in parking lots all over my town, I don't think that's uncommon. Some areas have active freecycle lists, too, where you could offer them directly to someone who needs them rather than give them to a charity to sell.

Freecycle is a good resource if you need new clothes frequently as you shrink, too, chel325. Some lists will even let you request specific things- a lot of people flake out on pickups, so some people will go out of their way to give you stuff they might not have bothered to list, if you request it.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    chel325 wrote: »

I really can't keep buying new clothes just to drop sizes a few months later lol

Don't let that stop you from reaching your goal! Do you have consignment shops or places like Goodwill near you? You have to do a little searching, but you can find good, nice clothes at very decent prices.
  • tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    Options

Girl I'm with you on that..my sizes all over the place from 20-16
  • tashatashae
    Options

You to smalsmall for my clothes
  • tashatashae
    Options
    Sometimes I think goodwill charge to much you can fine new clothes on clearance for less.. Any tips on how to get the most wear out clothes whilst dropping fat
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options

Try making a post looking for clothes your size on your local freecycle.org or the Free section of craigslist.org. Lots of people in my freecycle group use it to clean out our closets.
  • chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    There are donation bins for various charities in parking lots all over my town, I don't think that's uncommon. Some areas have active freecycle lists, too, where you could offer them directly to someone who needs them rather than give them to a charity to sell.

Freecycle is a good resource if you need new clothes frequently as you shrink, too, chel325. Some lists will even let you request specific things- a lot of people flake out on pickups, so some people will go out of their way to give you stuff they might not have bothered to list, if you request it.

thank you, i'm going to check this out!
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Some clothes that are too big can be adjusted with a good tailor. I recently had several pairs of pants taken in, and it cost $10 (CDN) per pair. I cant buy a new pair of pants for $10.
  • tashatashae
    Options
    cross2bear wrote: »
    Some clothes that are too big can be adjusted with a good tailor. I recently had several pairs of pants taken in, and it cost $10 (CDN) per pair. I cant buy a new pair of pants for $10.

OK thanx
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Online there's schoola.com, 40% of proceeds go to the school of your choice.
  • kiara1066
    kiara1066 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I donate my stuff to the Salvation Army or those planet something donation boxes can't rennet the names, but you just stuff your items in a bin and it's donated! However, I personally like Salvation Army better you get a receipt so come tax time they are deductive! Or any other organization is fine as well.