I made the best dinner @about 400 cal!

Options
Maggs2742
Maggs2742 Posts: 9 Member
Granted I didnt even eat full servings so my dinner portions was closer to 300cal everything here is very filling!

The Cauliflower Fritters and the Zucchini Sticks are from Skinnytaste.com and the Meatloaf Minis are from Hungrygirl.com I posted links to all of them with each recipe! All three are in the MFP Database and accurate so its really easy to add them to your food diary's! here is what they are listed as :

Hungry Girl - Turkey & Veggie Meatloaf Minis
Skinny Taste/Ginas - Cauliflower Fritters
Skinny Taste - Baked Zucchini Sticks
Gina's Skinny Recipe - Quick Marinara Sauce

Cauliflower Fritters http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/cauliflower-fritters-25.html
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 12 • Size: 2 fritters • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 108.9 • Fat: 6.6 g • Protein: 3.8 g • Carb: 9.4 g • Fiber: 2.1 g

4 cups steamed cauliflower (roughly chopped)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup Pecorino Romano
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
1/4 cup hot water
salt and pepper
1/4 cup olive oil

In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, flour, garlic, eggs, grated cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Add water so that batter becomes slightly more dense than pancake batter.

On medium-low heat, add 1 tbsp of oil in a 10 inch skillet coating bottom of the pan. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to form fritters. You can fit 4 fritters at a time. Cook until golden brown, turn and cook another few minutes. Add a little more oil to the pan, and repeat with the remaining batter.

Makes 24 fritters.
Baked Zucchini Sticks http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/01/baked-zucchini-sticks-13-pts.html
Servings: 3 • Serving Size: 1 zucchini • Old Points: 1.5 pts (sauce extra) • Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 121.9 • Fat: 2.4 • Carbs: 21.0 g • Fiber: 6.0 • Protein: 6.7 g

3 medium zucchini sliced into 3" x 1/2" sticks
1 large egg white
1/3 cup seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
2 tbsp grated Pecorino Romano cheese
cooking spray
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt
fresh pepper

Quick Marinara Sauce
Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 1/2 cup • Old Points: 1 pt • Points+: 1 pt
Calories: 51.5 • Fat: 0.8 • Carbs: 9.0 g • Fiber: 1.1 • Protein: 0.1 g

1 tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, smashed
28 oz cans crushed tomatoes (I like Tuttorosso)
1 small bay leaf
1 tsp oregano
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
salt and fresh pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 425°.

In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until golden, being careful not to burn. Add crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, basil and bay leaf. Stir and reduce heat to low. Cover and let simmer about 20 minutes.

In a small bowl, beat egg whites and season with salt and pepper. In a ziplock bag, place breadcrumbs, garlic powder and cheese and shake well. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.

Dip zucchini sticks into eggs then into bread crumb and cheese mixture, a few at a time and shake to coat. Place the breaded zucchini in a single layer and spray more cooking spray on top. Bake at 425° for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with 1/2 cup marinara sauce for dipping.

Turkey &Veggie Meatloaf Minis http://www.hungry-girl.com/show/comfortably-yum-turkey-and-veggie-meatloaf-minis-recipe

1 small onion
1/4 cup plus 3 tbsp. ketchup, divided
1 1/4 lb. raw lean ground turkey
3 cups bagged dry broccoli cole slaw, roughly chopped
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Using a box grater, grate onion into a large bowl. Add 1/4 cup ketchup and all other ingredients. Stir until thoroughly mixed.

Line 9 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups and/or spray with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute turkey-veggie mixture among the muffin cups, and top each with 1 tsp. ketchup.

Bake in the oven until firm with lightly browned edges, 30 - 35 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!

MAKES 9 SERVINGS

On the meatloaf I just chopped the onion very fine, the box grater really released the fumes and it killed my eyes! also they took a little longer to cook in my oven than 35m but that worked out ok because I did them first and by the time I was done with the other stuff they were just right be careful though cause too long and they dry out!

I hope everyone enjoys!

~mollie

Replies

• Christiane81
    Options
    sounds great! The next time you need to chop or grate onions, run them under water while doing it and your eyes will not burn.
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump, sounds great!~
  • Maggs2742
    Maggs2742 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    yep my whole family loved it ! and we had left overs for tonight! bonus! also my boyfriend who is a picky eater was willing to give it a try!
  • emiskins
    emiskins Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump
  • daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I've made the cauliflower fritters before. They're amazing!
  • pvesey
    pvesey Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump