Feeling so down

Options
Weighed myself today and I weigh the same as my last weigh in. I have not cheated or gone over my calorie goal :(

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. We won't always show a loss each week. what matters is the overall downward trend. In time ( months and months not days or weeks ) you will be able to see your weight loss trends. I suggest using an app like trend weight . sometimes its more helpful to look at the chart and see for yourself the weight loss trends.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Get the word "cheated" out of your head. You want to be able to eat in a way that's enjoyable and sustainable to break the cycle of repeating weight loss attempts.

Are you set up to lose .5 lbs/week? It looks like you only have about 20 lbs. to lose overall, so give yourself maximum calories. You can fit in your treats & indulgences.

Don't feel down. Weight fluctuates and the scale can be exasperating, but like @thorsmom01 says, the overall downward trend is what matters. Keep your eyes on the big picture and stay the course.
  • Sredster
    Sredster Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Don't get down about it. This will happen. I have had this happen to me several times throughout my weight loss journey. The thing is you haven't gained any weight and you should be happy about that. Don't look at the fact that you didn't lose weight for a week, look at how far you have come. Plateaus will happen. As long as you accept it, don't let your frustration ruin your hard work, and keep going...you WILL see a change on the scale. Don't worry! YOU'VE GOT THIS!
  • GeoBaybee
    GeoBaybee Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys. I have lost 9 lbs so far from 152 to 143 (5'5" tall) in 2 weeks time, but was just disappointed to see that I haven't lost any since Sunday since I feel like I'm starving most of the time. I'm doing a 1300 cal daily intake. I appreciate the positive feedback. I'm not going to lose motivation. I've got 18 more LBS to go.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Trust me, you're going to see possibly weeks with no change on the scale. I am coming off of two weeks with no change at all - the scale has been almost exactly the same since 1/15 and I am VERY fussy about tracking. But I know that a drop is coming because I will go like 2-3 weeks with what looks like no change, and then BOOM! overnight I will drop 1.5 pounds.

It's the overall trend that really counts. Don't worry about it. Just keep going.
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    If you only have 18 pounds to go, you really need to taper back your expectations. As you get closer to your goal (18 pounds is close) you will lose less and less over time. Don't get discouraged to see .5 pounds or less, or even slight gains. It happens. Stick with it and you'll get there.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    You have to take into account your monthly cycle too. Women lose and gain a ton of water weight throughout the month. I gain for 3 straight weeks, then lose a bunch after TOM, then the cycle repeats, but it's always 3 steps forward and only one step back, so I'm making progress. Try to look at your scale weight in sets of 28 days, or 32 or whatever it is for you, because you can't really trust that number. Until you've had a full cycle and nothing has changed at all, there's no reason to assume it won't next week.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    vrumiuuqxmv8.jpg
    1.jpg 135.4K
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    GeoBaybee wrote: »
    Thank you guys. I have lost 9 lbs so far from 152 to 143 (5'5" tall) in 2 weeks time, but was just disappointed to see that I haven't lost any since Sunday since I feel like I'm starving most of the time. I'm doing a 1300 cal daily intake. I appreciate the positive feedback. I'm not going to lose motivation. I've got 18 more LBS to go.

Wow! 4.5 lbs a week is an EXTREMELY high rate of loss for your weight. Even if you take that 9 lbs over the 3 weeks, you still averaged 3 lbs a week which is extremely high and honestly unsustainable when you don't weigh very much to begin with. If you lose a lot of weight one week, expect you won't lose as much the next because it's all evening out. Give it another 1-2 weeks and if you are being accurate you will certainly see another loss. But you should stop and be proud of what you've done already, one week is such a small time period in the rest of your life.