Support needed.

Options
Okay, so here's the thing, I joined my fitness pal last Friday and was totally keen and looking forward to feeling better about myself. The first few days were great and I lost 3 pounds which I was incredibly proud of. However, a few days a go I lost all faith in myself, and because I was upset I comfort ate and this hasn't stopped really. So I need motivation and support from fellow MFP people, and I will support you in return! Any advice would be greatly welcomed, as it's only been a week and I've already lost the will power, thanks xxx

Replies

• Karyn1120
    Karyn1120 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged. I'm a big comfort eater too. I've had to re-think HOW I comfort eat, and WHY I do it.

It's a vicious cycle. I over eat because I feel bad, and I feel bad because I over eat. Try and choose healthier foods, or take a walk, anything to help break the cycle.

You can do it - we're all here to help!
  • Squeezyweezy
    Squeezyweezy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am a huge comfort eater hun, so I know how you feel. You can't let this little (and it is little) blip get the better of you.

You made the first and biggest step by deciding to get healthy and join MFP, that is a huge decision to make. You lost 3lbs which is amazing, and you can loose so much more.

Don't think of this as a huge journey, break it down and look at it a step at a time. Most of us have fallen of the wagon at some stage in our diets. Last Sunday I went out for dinner and ended up eating a caramel, chocolate ice cream sundae. It was a whopping 700 calories!!! I felt **** afterwards, but due to the support from everyone else on here, I picked myself up and dusted myseld down. I had my first weigh in today and lost 10lbs! If I can do it, anyone can. Especially you.

You need to draw a line under this week and FORGET about it. The reason I love CC more than any other diet is because you are in complete control. Yes you have a calorie limit, but how you use those calories is up to you. If you want to treat yourself every now and again, then you can, and I think its healthy to treat yourself. That way you don't feel like you are missing out.

I know it seems huge, but you really can do this. Anytime you are feeling low or panicky, you just shout out and we will all be there with some kind words of support. Are you on MiniMins? Its a dieting forum and alot of the people on MFP are writing their own diaries on there. It is great for the support and can be so funny at times. Take a look at the CC diary section.

Please don't give up. If you need anything just message me. Hope my ramblings have helped.
    Lots of hugs,
    Squeezy xxx