What if I'm not ready again tomorrow?

Options
A couple of days ago I went through a burn out. I took a day off and attempted to remain in range. I did ok. Then I woke up today and some obstacles and depression got in the way and I basically just gave myself the day off from life. My plan was to resume again tomorrow. Now that I'm about to hit the bed I'm afraid I'll wake up and still won't be ready to do it again. Just need some words of encouragement. Tips for getting back in. Tough love is not the way right now.

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Don't let one day off turn into a week ! ( believe me I've been there ! Lol )
    Tomorrow wake up and think about your goals. Think about the things you can do to help you reach your goals. Make a list and cross off each item after you've accomplished it . ( like - take a walk √ weigh all my foods √ log accurately √)
    While I do believe days off can be great ( I take them too !) Its very important to get right back into your routine. In order for us to reach our goals, we must be consistent! :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options
    Don't wait until you feel ready ... just do it.

If I waited until I felt ready to do stuff, nothing would ever get done. I never feel ready to load the dishwasher ... but I get up and do it after dinner. I never feel ready to vacuum ... but I do it with some regularity because I know it needs to be done and my dust mite allergy will ease when I do it. I never feel ready to do laundry ... but I do it about once a week or else I wouldn't have clothes to wear.

• ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    You can do this.
    Tell yourself right now that tomorrow is waiting for you to conquer it, and not the other way around! :)
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Are you clinically depressed when you say depression? I sometimes get depressed if you want to chat. You won't feel that way forever.

I stopped logging/walking and here I am back a year later. A day or 2 won't hurt, but the longer you stay away the harder it is to get back to where you were.

I am trying to walk daily. If you have a goal you can add me and motivate each other.
  • LLT38
    LLT38 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    What about breaking it down into something more manageable than a day? Could you do breakfast within your goal? Then set a goal for the next snack or meal? Whenever I get overwhelmed, it helps to make something that looks big into smaller, manageable chunks.
  • Sapphires4me
    Sapphires4me Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Instead of taking a break and saying you'll get back on track tomorrow, how about doing it the opposite way? Get back on track today and then tell yourself you'll take a break in 3 days or in 5 days and then when that day gets here if you feel good make it another 3 days or 5 days. Put off til tomorrow the non productive things instead of the productive things.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    If you aren't ready today, then when???
    You've got to do this for yourself and absolutely no one else. You are worth it!!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Write down three goals (nothing too insane, tho!!) and leave the sticky RIGHT beside your bed. Then when you get up... get dressed... have a coffee (or whatever) and follow that list.
    Make at least one thing fun!
    You can do it. Day by day!
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    KareninLux wrote: »
    Write down three goals (nothing too insane, tho!!) and leave the sticky RIGHT beside your bed. Then when you get up... get dressed... have a coffee (or whatever) and follow that list.
    Make at least one thing fun!
    You can do it. Day by day!

You can add another. Make List. So you have something to cross off right away :)
  • speeno
    speeno Posts: 55 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    some things are worth fighting for.....even when you think you have no fight in you, fight for what you want...don't be a loser, be a winner and make it happen, regain control of your mind and take charge of your life.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't brush my teeth if I didn't have to. Seriously. I totally get taking a day or two off, but if my logging and exercise aren't just "something I do," I won't do them. Give yourself some leeway (eat at maintenance, or as you get dressed for your workout, tell yourself you will get through half of it). You might find that once you take some of the pressure off of yourself, you can give it more effort. It's hard at first. It's not fun. But then it becomes just what you do.
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I absolutely have those days every once in a while, actually just had them last week because everything was going downhill. I have to agree with everyone that said make a list. Make a list of little things you want and most likely will be able to do the next day. Simple things and not too many so it won't get too overwhelming. Include something (that's not food) that you can treat yourself with, like taking a bath or getting a manicure.
    I usually try to prepare my breakfast at night so I know that when I wake up I don't have to worry about that. I also lay out an outfit that consist of real clothes and not just sweatpants and an oversized tshirt even if I don't plan on leaving the house that day. I feel way more productive if I'm dressed properly. I It's hard not to let one or two bad days turn into a bad week or even a bad month, but try to get back into the world.
  • chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Do two push ups right now. Just do it and go to bed
  • Runfaster14
    Runfaster14 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Start slow and remind yourself why.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Maybe make a list of your "why"'s you are going to all this trouble, and also a list of the good things you get from following the plan. I'm enough of a hedonist to know I do things because they provide me pleasure. I've just replaced loafing with the "runner's high".

Then if you get hit with the dreaded do-nothing inertia, tell yourself you'll do just "one thing". Like for me, it would be, "put on my running shoes." Well, heck, if my shoes are on already, it's not that much more work to do the run.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Every day is a fresh start, don't quit
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to do too much at once? Break it down into smaller steps. Whenever I have something big to do I like to see it as a bunch of little steps. Staying under calorie goal may be too big. Take each step breakfast, lunch dinner and snacks and set a smaller goal for each. This way if you mess up breakfast but hit lunch, dinner and snacks on target you did not ruin your whole day only a small part.
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    As Lemony Snicket once said:

"If we wait until we're ready, we'll be waiting the rest of our lives."
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    make it routine, do it and get it done, no thinking about it,,, kick some butt!
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Do it anyway. That's been my motto for the last few months. But, now it's just becoming fun. In fact I've probably spent way too much time on here today