CHOLCOLATECHIPCOOKIES!

Options
So i still live with my parents and my dad had me make chololate chip cokies. There are now 4 dozen cookies chillin' in my kitchen. I feel like a pig because i already had three! What are your temptation busters? please help!

Replies

• ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    you've had a couple, now step away from the cookies!! haha
    no, just find something else to do to occupy your mind and hands!
    you can do it! good luck!
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha! I'm in the same boat! I live with my parents, and God bless 'em, they try. But they have a tendency to bring in food just like that. The worst are the cookies, especially chocolate chip cookies from Kroger. I lived for those when I was little (easily pleased, obviously), but now they just taunt me.

The other day? Yeah, had to just flat out threw them away. :wink: That's the only way it works. Out of sight - and sitting with other rotten food and garbage - out of mind. Take a walk, pack them up, drink water every time you're tempted, do something. I know how hard it can be.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Put two or three in individual baggies, and freeze them, they may not be as tempting if you know you have to wait for them to thaw out before you can just grab them.

They don't lose any flavor if you freeze them. THey last 3 times as long too! :)
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you, 1smemae94, because when I see ANYTHING chocolate, you can almost see the cartoon angel on one shoulder and the cartoon devil on the other... So far, I've been able to do okay. My kung fu class twice a week burns like 1000 calories, so Mondays and Wednesday always leave me with a massive calorie deficit, and I limit my splurges to those days (and, of course, keep them well under 1000 calories!).
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Chug some water - that always helps me
  • jamontagne
    jamontagne Posts: 115
    Options
    OMG - get out get out get out! Either you or the cookies must go! You know the temptation...

are 4 dozen really necessary? I dont think your dad should eat that many cookies either! Maybe pack some up in baggies and drop off at the nieghbors. If he won't let the cookies go then you need to GTHO of the house or those cookies are going to do you in! (it would for me) - go for a walk, go to a park, idc what you do but get away from the temptation :)

Leaving the situation the way it is will lead to a binge if cookies really are an issue for you (they call me the cookie monster so I know). Recognize it and take action! I have faith in you xoxo :flowerforyou:
  • jamontagne
    jamontagne Posts: 115
    Options
    Put two or three in individual baggies, and freeze them, they may not be as tempting if you know you have to wait for them to thaw out before you can just grab them.

They don't lose any flavor if you freeze them. THey last 3 times as long too! :)

good to know! I've been dying to bake - i love to bake - but was afraid of the temptation issue. But if I can freeze them ... :love:
  • VirtuousJoy
    VirtuousJoy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I always do the alternative. I want some cake, or cookies..I go get an apple instead. It may not be as tastey as that cookie would be but you will feel like a million dollars for having the will power.
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    The cookies are going to get bagged up and freezed. the rest are going into a container, into the cupboard. then i think i will do my workout now... and no my dad dosent need that many but he dosent want to change, and i cant make him... so, yep. freezer it is.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options

This is how I learned to like frozen cookies, LOL...
  • elishakranz
    Options
    For your current situation...fruit, water, anything to take the eating/sweet craving. But in the future, I'd sit down with your folks and explain to them that you are trying to eat healthy, and if they want to bake...why not make some home made granola? (Maybe add in some dark chocolate chips..SOME) instead of cookies/cake/cupcakes? There are TONS of healthy sweets that you can make and eat in moderation that won't be too harsh on your plan.
  • Ley2ndtry
    Ley2ndtry Posts: 136
    Options
    Well i've just made chocolate chip flapjacks which are in the oven now, if they're anything like the last lot they're gonna be amazing!!!

maybe i should freeze some off them to stop the temptation? cos i could easily eat about a million - i even worked out super hard tonight so i could have one!!
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    sometimes if I sit down and log in the extra splurging stuff before I eat it, it can really help. First off, I realize I am making a concious descision to eat that cookie, or whatever, so I just make sure I enjoy it. Secondly, sometimes seeing the calories I am eating ( or will be eating) gives me power to resist. good luck!
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    log it! reality will help you not eat more.
  • JenniferLynWhat
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I know how you feel. My brother made brownies AND bought donuts the other day..in the SAME day!

Here's my advice. Don't eat the whole cookie. Leave it in another room and when you think to yourself "mmm chocolate" go break off a little piece to eat.

Have your cookies..but when you eat the whole cookie, you keep craving it. Eat a tiny bit at a time and satisfy the next "mm that was really good I want more" feeling.

That's what I did with brownies and I came out alive
  • AdorablePanda
    AdorablePanda Posts: 125 Member
    Options

That...is...GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!! Guess who is going to use that idea the next time her husband decides to make TWO batches of chocolate chip cookies...he's sweet but sometimes it seems like he forgets I'm diabetic and have a sweet tooth. lol
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. they are put away, out of sight and all. Now my tummy hurts, i guess that'll keep me from eating so many sweets at one time again. Oh well... My dinner will be healthy though.
  • justavoice1989
    justavoice1989 Posts: 132 Member
    Options

thats such a really good idea!!! =] never thought about it. do you know if it works for cupcakes too? lol thats my sweet spot ^_^
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Maybe a little off topic because it doesn't really deal with the cookies themselves, but here's neat trick to handle sweet cravings: Walden Farms makes a sugar-free, calorie-free chocolate syrup. When I get a chocolate jones, I mix a little into a glass of milk substitute (soy, almond, whatever). That little drink kills the cravings for only 60 to 100 calories (depending on what "milk" I use). It's especially good after Mexican food, which almost always gives me chocolate cravings for some reason...