Plateau help please !

Options
I've lost 50 pounds from 180 to 130. I weight lift five times a week and do Casio twice a week , but the last month I've made no progress . What am I doing wrong ?

Replies

• lindsayloo_4
    lindsayloo_4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 pounds from 180 to 130. I weight lift five times a week and do Casio twice a week , but the last month I've made no progress . What am I doing wrong ?

Before and after :
  • lindsayloo_4
    lindsayloo_4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
  • kylecoleman112
    kylecoleman112 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Nothing at all! It happens keep at it!
  • RondieBlax
    RondieBlax Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! I had to tweak things a little. My body would get used to the same activity and the same food and it would plateau. I plateaued like 3 times and each time I changed something I would lose more. Maybe if you check your food intake for sodium or whatever, or maybe add a new exercise. Change your routine a little or a lot- maybe your body needs a little jolt to get things moving again. Don't underestimate the possibility of muscle growth- with strength training we burn fat and gain muscle- that's a good thing. Just don't give up whatever you choose to do.
  • rgbmore
    rgbmore Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    This is a fun article to explain the plateaued myth.
    http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/weight-loss-plateau-myth-muscle-weighs-more-than-fat/

Weight loss is not linear and fluctuates as well. I would say you are just fine, as everyone else has said, just keep at it! You are doing great! It'll drop off when it's ready.

Also, as you lose weight you have to adjust your calorie deficit each time.