Motivation and Encouragement needed :(

Options
I've hit a rough patch in the last few weeks and have found it hard to get back into exercising. I've still kept it up a few days a week but I need to do more. Any suggestions on how to kick start my personal drive to get back in there? I'm down to my last 10 lbs and don't want to stall out now.

My eating has been good and I haven't gained but my loss has slowed down.

Replies

• rogueparagon
    Options
    Try something new, and do it with a partner.

If you have been running, try bicycling. Ask a friend who maybe has an old bike.

If you have a friend who does something you have never tried, say disc golf, ask if you can come with.

This does two things.
    1. Keeps you from being bored
    2. When you have a partner to be accountable to, your liklihood of success skyrockets.
  • fuminator18
    fuminator18 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    yea, go get a new exercise DVD or find somebody near to exercise with!
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I agree with rogueparagon, do something new and different.
    I was getting bored with walks around the neighborhood...so I changed up and rode my bike instead over at a park area, new scenery, new muscles working, fresh air...really pumped me up!
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Agree totally!!
  • dida0721
    dida0721 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Find someone that wants weight loss motivation from you and give it. Be a part of their support network and this will help build your motivation.
  • junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    Options
    These are all great ideas. I, too, am having trouble staying on track. I'm on my last 13 pounds and feel kind of like I'm stalling out. So this week I've switched it up a little bit--and I've also been much more accountable on MFP than I have been for months. Hopefully this will help get me back into gear. It is hard when you are so close to your goal...you start thinking, "hey, this weight isn't too bad..." and lose motivation. At least, I think that's what's happening with me. I'm slightly under the weight range I've been for most of my adult life, and it's difficult to know how to change things around to get things moving again. Good luck to you! You are not alone! You've done a terrific job so far, so keep it up! And remember...even if you are not losing right now, if you are still making healthy choices, you are still doing good things for your body.
  • ashleypietz
    ashleypietz Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I think I'll try switching up my workouts and see if that helps. I have two workout videos I haven't tried yet so I think I'll start one up after work today.
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    How about joining a fitness or exercise challenge here on the MFP boards? That got me moving again.