New to MFP

lamia716
lamia716 Posts: 3 Member
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everybody im Laura 46 yrs old, married kids are all grown up now, need friends and motivation im tired of fighting this weight battle by myself ! HELP ! I have almost 100 lbs to lose so im here for the long haul! :):flowerforyou:

Replies

• skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 806 Member
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! :smile:
  • Welcome :)
  • suzicooper
    suzicooper Posts: 15
    hi :-) i joined nearly 2wks ago and its brill! looads of support from everyone! ive got 100lbs to lose now so im in it for the long haul too!
  • storyt17
    storyt17 Posts: 13
    WELCOME! I am pretty new too but let me say the support here is amazing! 100 lbs is a lot to lose but if you really want it you can do it!! If you need support I am always on here!
  • dpetre
    dpetre Posts: 22
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend.....support really works when you are on this journey!!
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Welcome....I'm an empty nester too! I've been on for about 2 weeks and keeping the diary here is so much easier than in a notebook and I enter everything. I love the support and knowing I'm not alone. The blogs are great and I have learned a lot about food and exercise. Feel free to add me as a friend:happy:
  • lamia716
    Thanks for the encouragement and you posted my favorite Bible verse I dont know how many times Ive had to say that while on the treadmill! As a matter of fact I say it at least once a day! :happy:
  • lamia716
    Thank you to everyone for the encouragement and warm welcome feel free to add me as a friend because im not sure how to add friends yet im still learning how to maneuver around the site! I look forward to making this journey with all of you and if you need a smiley face let me know and ill send one ! Those I have figured out how to do ! :drinker:
  • Majbdrake
    Majbdrake Posts: 69
    Hello!

I joined to help support my wife who has joined today as well. I decided to put myself down for a goal as well. it never hurts to work towards being healthier.

I've already added a days worth of meals and exercise (I'm currently in Afghanistan so I'm several hours ahead of the US at this point) and already I see that I'll meet my stated goal within the timeframe if I continue with this as planned.

Looking forward to continuing to coach my wife as well as she explores the forums as well.

THanks for hosting this.

BMD
This discussion has been closed.