Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Large body frame 5' 1" 45yrs old

Do you think a healthy bmi would be 125lbs - 140lbs for a female 5' 1"? I am struggling and stuck at 152-153
I eat 1200-1300 but no working out. I know working out will kick start weight loss again ... Any thoughts or ideas other than working out?

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Yes I think the goal of 125-140 is a good choice if you are large boned. If your are eating 1200-1300 cals and are stuck at the 152 range you need to tighten up your logging. Untreated illness aside you should be losing at least .5 a week and more probably 1lbs.

Make sure you weigh all your solids with a digital scale using grams, not cups. Use the cup and spoon measurement for liquids. There are a number of inaccurate entries in the MFP data base so always double check or use the USDA database.

If you don't want to work out don't. It does give you extra calories, but you eat a portion of those.

Cheers, h.
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Thanks middlehaitch! Yep I totally agree and that is how I measure food just as stated but I was hoping for "eat more" LOL :D -- surely I need to work out to eat more.. Thanks again!
  • hopeandtheabsurd
    hopeandtheabsurd Posts: 265 Member
    At 5'1" 132 will get you to the top of nomal BMI. You'll know when you get there whether that works for you. Healthy BMI is a little bit of a misnomer though, because you could be a normal BMI and still have an unhealthy amount of body fat. You already know exercise will help, just need to figure out how to get it done (I joined a challenge on here to hopefully help me make exercise a higher priority).
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Do you think a healthy bmi would be 125lbs - 140lbs for a female 5' 1"? I am struggling and stuck at 152-153
    I eat 1200-1300 but no working out. I know working out will kick start weight loss again ... Any thoughts or ideas other than working out?

Are you using a food scale to weigh/measure all your food/drinks or are you guesstimating your portions?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    edited January 2016
    Thanks middlehaitch! Yep I totally agree and that is how I measure food just as stated but I was hoping for "eat more" LOL :D -- surely I need to work out to eat more.. Thanks again!
    Look through your diary for your more satisfying days and eat more of those type foods. Different foods, protein, carb, or fat, satisfy different people differently. (that was a lot of differents :) )

If you are finding your 1200-1300 is leaving you hungry changing your goal down .5lbs you will get a few more calories.
    Or...
    If you did decide to do exercise, even a brisk walk, not stroll, 60 min cardio would burn about 200 cals. That is going off my old stats of 130 lbs 55yo. You may burn more or less.

Cheers, h.
  • hellonew2015

Are you using a food scale to weigh/measure all your food/drinks or are you guesstimating your portions?

I sure do and weigh every drop of food by grams, also I use usda database. Thanks!
  • hellonew2015
    Look through your diary for your more satisfying days and eat more of those type foods. Different foods, protein, carb, or fat, satisfy different people differently. (that was a lot of differents :) )

If you are finding your 1200-1300 is leaving you hungry changing your goal down .5lbs you will get a few more calories.
    Or...
    If you did decide to do exercise, even a brisk walk, not stroll, 60 min cardio would burn about 200 cals. That is going off my old stats of 130 lbs 55yo. You may burn more or less.

Cheers, h.

Agreed :)
  • haydiz70
    haydiz70 Posts: 56 Member
    I'm 5'1", large-framed and weigh 128. I've lost 52 pounds but the last 10 of that sure didn't want to go without a fight. I'm shooting for 125 because of my frame. Anything much less would be unrealistic for me. I'm also 45. I exercise nearly every day and eat around 1350-1400 calories. I did 1200 for a long time but I don't want to do that anymore. Haha. Maybe you should incorporate exercise. That's what helps me, especially mixing up the type and intensity of workouts. Hiking actually does the most good for me. If you haven't been working out, walking is a good way to start. Good luck!
  • hellonew2015
    edited January 2016
    1200 cals is not something I could do forever and you are totally right about not wanting to do it anymore haha. Yes I must workout. Thanks a bunch!