PB and crackers

Options
What are some of the better brands of peanut butter? And what about crackers to go with it? I'd love to snack on a couple from time to time. What's some good choices that won't kill my diet?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Anything you like!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    quote="queenliz99;35283851"]Anything you like! [/quote]This. Just make sure everything fits into your calories.

I started making my own nut butters to save cash on flavored PBs.
  • Jbell0213
    Jbell0213 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Have either of you tried the PB2 powdered peanut butter. I love peanut butter, but for 2tbspn @ 180 calories. Yikes!
  • faurotann
    faurotann Posts: 405 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yay! That's my evening treat!!! I have between 6 and 8 ak mak crackers which are 22 calories apiece. I usually weigh out 32 grams or less of Jif smooth peanut butter. I can spread it pretty thin. It's crunchy, salty, sweet at the same time. Granted, it's a few calories. But it's such a treat and I look forward to it every evening. It pads those protein macros too. The Ak Mak crackers have protein in them in addition to the peanut butter.

I've seen mentions of that PB2 powdered peanut butter but I don't know where to get it.
  • RedBeardBruce
    RedBeardBruce Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've had issues with peanut butter......

be careful, that little bit extra on your spoon can add up :blush:

Now, I have to weigh any PB I eat because I can't be trusted! :)
  • MikeAV8s
    MikeAV8s Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Pb2 is fantastic.
  • irisheyes637
    irisheyes637 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Where can you get pb2? Never heard of it
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Smuckers all natural - the ingredients are just peanuts & salt.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    The brand Just Great Stuff is much more tasty than PB2
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    What are some of the better brands of peanut butter? And what about crackers to go with it? I'd love to snack on a couple from time to time. What's some good choices that won't kill my diet?

I used to do that, but decided the calories for the volume just was not worth it. Especially for the crackers - and I like crackers.

• ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    We switched to almond butter here. Not the same as peanut butter, really, but a little bit healthier overall. :(
    Whole foods has an instore grinder to make up fresh peanut butter right there in the store.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Why is almond butter healthier than peanut butter? Curious.
    We switched to almond butter here. Not the same as peanut butter, really, but a little bit healthier overall. :(
    Whole foods has an instore grinder to make up fresh peanut butter right there in the store.