track weight gain

Options
Hey all, I weigh myself daily (same time every day) and I track it. Throughout the week my weight goes up and down. I am wondering if I should be tracking weight gains on here or just the days I lose weight?

Thanks all!

:happy:

Replies

• leonardk09
    leonardk09 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Your weight fluctuates every single day, so I would recommend only recording it one day per week. I weigh myself probably ever 3 days, but I only ever record it on Thursdays. It'll frustrate you less as well :)
  • springfan
    springfan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I also weigh myself daily and track my progress. I track my losses and gains on my personal calendar, and I only track my weight loss on this site. I find if I am up a little, it pushes me to work out harder and drink more water. Good luck on your weight loss journey.

4329776.png
  • pauterson
    pauterson Posts: 65
    Options
    Always log your weight changes but weight will fluctuate daily and sometimes hourly... I usually weight myself once per week at the same time and eating/drinking the same things the day before and the day of. Also, as women, it's natural for our bodies to weigh more the week before our period so keep in mind where you're body is at in your cycles to keep you from being discouraged. Another factor that could be causing your weight to fluctuate is if you're working out. If you're lifting weights (which all women should be) then you can tend to increase in weight temporarily due to lactic acid buildup. I usually take photos of myself with a tri-pod once per month or more and measure with a measuring tape and fat calipur.

Research is a big deal if you're really wanting to see results. I find most of my info on www.bodybuilding.com or www.beachbody.com. :smile:
  • slo02ee
    slo02ee Posts: 29
    Options
    i was wondering the same thing. I see a lot of people on my news feed constantly losing but then in the comments they say they are losing what they had just gained. I don't see how this is productive.. lol. I log my weight daily on my phone (libra weight tracker), online (FitDay) and on here ONLY when i have a loss.
  • abg82
    abg82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday but I only record losses on MFP when I have sustained (or lost more) weight for 2 mornings in a row.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I record weight on Tuesdays. I weigh myself on and off through the week but only count Tuesdays.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I track both losses and gains, but only log it if I've maintained the same weight for 3 or more days in a row.

I kinda think of weighing everyday like tracking the stock market...

You can't let the fluctuations bother you... You've got to focus on overall trend.
    As long as you're headed in the right direction a bump up by a pound or two is not that a big deal... as long as things level off.