Starting C25K tomorrow anyone want to join me?

Options
Hi

Starting C25K tomorrow June14th. Was wondering if anyone wanted to do it with me?! Downloading the first week of podcasts now! Add me as a friend and we can support each other through it!! I have never really done any running but its something I want to be able to do!

Replies

• Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    hey I'm on week 5 of the c25km but we can support each other as sometimes I find it hard to get out for the run.
  • alynb
    alynb Posts: 8
    Options
    I am on week 9 ( last week ) of this program and as someone who had never ran before I highly recommend it. I am runnign my first 5k in July & my first half marathon in November!

Happy Running-
    Aimee :)
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I have completed the c25k treadmill program, but wanted to give you encouragement!!!!!! it is an awesome program and got me on the treadmill now walking and jogging for 45-60 minutes 5 times a week...you might be a little sore, but push thru the soreness...it is worth it
  • dervlaland
    dervlaland Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragment!!!
  • teresamellor
    Options
    hi iv never done runnong before but id quite like to have a go .but im not sure how to get started.do i have to run outside or could i do it:smile: on the tread mill i usualy cycle but im willing to give running or jogging a go .any advice would be gratefuly excepted:bigsmile:
  • dervlaland
    Options
    I dont think it matters, if you google C25K you can get podcast downloads and sites explaining everything. (Not sure if im allowed to post the website here) I plan on doing it both outside and on a treadmill as i live in ireland and it rains ALOT!!!! :)
  • tammieray
    tammieray Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yea! You will love it! This is coming from a non-runner. I just did my first 5K last month, only after starting the C25K.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I just started last week. I'm on Day 3 now. So far, I've been happy with it! It'd be great to have [virtual] company. :) OH - and there's an Android App that I've been using (I don't pay for many apps, but this one was worth it.)
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I was doing the C25K last year but had to quit because my knees started acting up. I'd like to try it again and maybe not push myself so hard this time, see if that helps. So I'm in. I've already had my son download the Christian version of C25K on my I-pod again since I don't know what happened to the other one. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • Polish_Princess
    Options
    I just started the C25K today. It was a good work out for a short period of time. I was working on the treadmill at the gym and got to watch the second half of the price is right. Was a good 1/2 hour!!! Sent friend request

Good luck with your journey!
  • mommared53
    Options
    I finished week 1 day 1 last night. Felt great! Anyone else checking in?
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm in C25K W3 right now and just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed it so good luck and have fun! Also for anyone doing it on the treadmill without the podcasts or anything like that if you Google C25K treadmill it will pull up a page that has all the times you switch for walking and running, its really helped keep me on track :)
  • poizonivey
    poizonivey Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I actually looked up C25K last night! I think I am going to give it a go as well. This time last year I was running 3 miles a day 5 days a week (now I probably couldn't run 1/4 of a mile, what a difference a year makes!) So maybe we could support each other, hold each other accountable as well?!? Best of luck to those who are starting or have started already!
  • monablas
    monablas Posts: 1
    Options
    I want to but I need more info on it. i currently run between 1.5 and 2 miles a day for 3 days a week. Where can I get more info?
  • dervlaland
    Options
    Sorry been away from the PC for the last two days! I did the first workout tuesday and hope to do another today! Hope its all going well for everyone else!!
  • AshleyTaylor2017
    AshleyTaylor2017 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I would like to join you! I know everyone else has already started, but I am going to start today! Downloading podcasts right now. Im ready to start running!!
  • dervlaland
    Options
    Great the more the merrier! I only have one done lightly sprained my ankle a few days ago and its only right today we so hope to do my next one in the morn!!
  • atanner3
    atanner3 Posts: 6
    Options
    I did a quarter of the C210K one and ended up getting shin splints, so I started to lift weights and cycle. I think i'm ready to start running again though! I'm a few days behind you guys, but it will be nice to have this thread for some support and motivation. Ran my first 5K at the end of May with the shin splints, but the feeling of crossing the finish line at the end made all the pain worth it! Gotta get ready for my next one.
  • mommared53
    Options
    I skipped a few days so I decided to start day 1 of week 1 again today. I bought some knees braces so hopefully that will help my poor old knees. I don't want the same thing to happen that happened last year. :noway: I'm not giving up. Good luck everyone. We can do this. :flowerforyou:
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I just completed wk3 day 2. I am amazed at the progress