Feeling like a bit of home cooking...

Options
Avolonlee
Avolonlee Posts: 21 Member
I LOVE to cook, bake and eat ... Hence why I'm on an app dedicated to weight loss ( ahh the irony). However since joining I have lost 7 lbs and am well on my way to a better me. With this I am cooking more, logging everything and in general able to supply my family with a balanced meal full of flavor.. Not calories.
This weeks mega hit was a creamy sausage skillet. In it was Turkey Kielbasa, sundries tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, peppers , onions, mushrooms and of course pasta. All coated in a tomato sauce and heavy cream sauce. But before you crucify me for the heavy cream know it is approximately 1/2 a jar ( to taste) of tomato sauce of choice to 2 tbsp of heavy cream.. Maybe less never more. It was amazing!!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Umm...that sounds really good.
  • Avolonlee
    Avolonlee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    2zzeakkee5w8.jpeg
    My creamy sausage skillet
  • JLPersall
    JLPersall Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Looks good! Im trying to figure out some healthier recipes that are good for my 2 year old and husband. Helps if he doesnt realize im trying to feed him "diet" food. Always looking for new friends that are active on here if u wanna send me a friend request :smiley:
  • worddigger
    worddigger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, looks good!! I am finding that just using real, simple ingredients goes a long way. Portions are everything, and at 1200 calories a day right now, (grrrrr) I am enjoying real food in smaller quantities. I keep refined sugars and processed foods and carbs at a low...and trying to add more veggies!!