Turning 30 Today, 214 Pounds to Lose

Options
Mmarst
Mmarst Posts: 24 Member
Leaving the 20's, which was horrible in the areas of health and fitness, so with a new decade, comes a fresh start. Weighed in this A.M. at 398.8, looking to get down to 185. Looking to meet up with any ladies or gents with similar goals!

Replies

• Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I started here just over 3 weeks ago at 331lbs. I'm now at 317. Still have 173lbs to go.
    Feel free to add me!
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
  • Gerbsxyng412
    Gerbsxyng412 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday !!! I am 32 .. I have lost 70 lbs with 100 to go... WE got this... Start small and set small goals.. don't change everything at once.
  • serina2016
    serina2016 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You got this! :)
  • tbooboogie
    tbooboogie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • jams76
    jams76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Happy bday and you can do it! I have lost 17 with over 100 to go! We'll do it with ya!
  • coachfeliciad
    coachfeliciad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! I started out at 200 lbs and through sweat and tears crushed my goals. Anything and everything is possible as long as you love yourself enough to believe in yourself :)
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Welcome...also check out this group here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery
    You CAN do it. One day, one pound, one step at a time!!!!!
    6l2bmqmznzn6.png
  • cristalina95
    cristalina95 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    We can do this! Kudos for taking the first step and doing something about it! I am 33 y/o, weigh 325 & want to get down to 175. Feel free to add me! Let's bring our sexy back!
  • brrite
    brrite Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Started eleven days ago. 52 years old, used to be in shape (military) but . . . anyway started at 254, I'm at 246 now. As someone else said, start with little goals. I measure success a tenth of a mile at a time, man. You got this!!!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I was just about as large as you when I was 37. Since I know what is required to be that obese, I know how easy it is to stop doing the enormous amount of self-abusive eating that you have to do to maintain that. It's a mental thing. Flip a switch in your mind. You can do it.
  • chubisco
    chubisco Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    About to leave the 20's as well and I want to be healthy too, just like you and the others who responded. Im weighing in at 236 lbs now and my goal is 145. But four weeks ago, I was at 254...so Steady does it. :) I find that filling in your food diary almost everyday (being honest about it too), staying away from the scale, and trying to go exercise at least 5 times a week are working for me. :) good luck and welcome to the community!