Protein tips for vegetarians?

Options
Week #2 of my plant based diet. Any easy, healthy snack tips? I'm on the road constantly, I don't always have time to break for lunch.

Replies

• mcg899
    mcg899 Posts: 17 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    There are many organic and vegan protein shakes try going to Costco, GNC and any supplement store.

For snacks fresh fruit, vegetable, peanut butter or any nut butter, popcorn is very low in carb for the serving size (no or light butter)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Lara bars, spiced baked chic peas, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, rice cakes, peanut butter,
    Chia seed and oatmeal bars:
    http://ohsheglows.com/recipage/?recipe_id=6001728
  • skuhl1
    skuhl1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mix up legumes and grains to form complete proteins; beans; peanut butter, nuts, green leafy vegetables, soy milk, protein powders, quinoa, tofu, tempeh, veggie burgers, chia seeds, soy nuts; if you're not vegan: cheeses without rennet like cottage cheese, milk, I also heard cocoa powder also has protein too. That's all I have on the top of my head.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    As others have posted, there are lots of options....but make sure to not just go for quantity as you do need to mix your surcease to get a complete protein if you are vegan.

For grains don't forget about amaranth as it is even better than quinoa.

If you do eat dairy, there are great nut loaf recipes that are filling and delicious....I will try and add a recipe in my recipe file this weekend (made one last week).

• mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    As others have posted, there are lots of options....but make sure to not just go for quantity as you do need to mix your surcease to get a complete protein if you are vegan.

If you do eat dairy, there are great nut loaf recipes that are filling and delicious....I will try and add a recipe in my recipe file this weekend (made one last week).

• cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Quinoa, other lovely whole grains, beans, nuts, seeds. You don't have to look at supplements or processed food for protein.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    mjwarbeck wrote: »

There are many vegan nut (or lentil) loaf recipes as well.