What if I'm not ready again tomorrow?

Options
2»

Replies

• hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    We become what we do and think and say every day. Do the weighing and logging every day. Think positively about becoming slender and healthy. Say "I can do this" out loud as often as needed throughout each day!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Op- how did today go? Where you able to move forward ? If not, what happened?
  • jrevis001
    jrevis001 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Today has been much better. I've been doing way to much way to fast. I decided that quitting was of course not the answer and that I would set small goals. I made 3 goals and so far have sick to them. My workout was amazing after 2 days of rest. For the first time in my life I listened to taking things slowly decreased my speed and aimed for distance. I was able to run for 11 minutes without stopping. So worth it and reminder of why quitting is not an option. I still didn't feel like doing it today, but I'm glad I tried.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    jrevis001 wrote: »
    Today has been much better. I've been doing way to much way to fast. I decided that quitting was of course not the answer and that I would set small goals. I made 3 goals and so far have sick to them. My workout was amazing after 2 days of rest. For the first time in my life I listened to taking things slowly decreased my speed and aimed for distance. I was able to run for 11 minutes without stopping. So worth it and reminder of why quitting is not an option. I still didn't feel like doing it today, but I'm glad I tried.

That is awesome :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,994 Member
    Options

Excellent!

• dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Yay, congratulations on getting through you day with a more positive attitude! Take it slow. You will probably reach your goals faster by taking it slow than by wanting everything at once and then quitting after some time because it's to challenging.
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Girl, I have BEEN THERE. Depression is a *kitten* and a lier. I've taken weeks "off life" to "give myself a break," and every single time it made everything worse. But it always (ALWAYS) sounds like a good idea.

Somethings I do to keep motivated:
    -My yummy coffee first thing in the morning. Really, it's the sugary creamer I put in it. It's not good for me, I know. But honestly, it's the only thing that gets me out of bed some mornings. (If you crawl out of bed, you get to drink that yummy, warm sugar!) So maybe find that awesome thing to do/eat/drink or whatever very first thing.
    -Set small, small goals. Things that are crazy reachable. You'll feel awesome when you meet them, and completely fabulous if you surpass them (because sometimes the hardest part is starting) Start small, go slow. You have plenty of time. What's the rush?
    -If you slip up, get OFF that shame spiral. This is a hard one, but the biggest thing for me. Realize that one off day doesn't make you a failure or a bad person. It just makes you human.
    -Keep a post workout journal. Write down how you feel after your workouts. Physically, mentally, emotionally. Usually, I feel tired, but so positive. When you don't want to go to the gym remember and/or read about how you felt after past workouts. The work is worth those awesome feelings!

Good luck!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You sound so much more pumped up this time around. I am glad you are listening to your body.