Losing motivation!!

Options
Ugh! It's been such a long stretch I'm getting so tired. How do you all stay motivated?

Feel free to add me for mutual support :)

Replies

• QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I try not to think about it. Don't think, just do. That tends to help me. :)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Yep. Don't wait around for motivation. Just do it.

Best wishes.
  • c_pantojas
    c_pantojas Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    They are right if I always waited for motivation I would still be in bed. I just did it even if I was cursing myself out in my head. Now I wake up in the morning and get right out of bed with energy and on the days I allowe myself a break I find myself still wanting to do something active.
    There's a commercial that says: a body in motion stays in motion, a body at rest stays at rest. I would often repeat that to myself.
  • QueenofHearts023
    Options
    c_pantojas wrote: »
    They are right if I always waited for motivation I would still be in bed. I just did it even if I was cursing myself out in my head. Now I wake up in the morning and get right out of bed with energy and on the days I allowe myself a break I find myself still wanting to do something active.
    There's a commercial that says: a body in motion stays in motion, a body at rest stays at rest. I would often repeat that to myself.

I cursed myself on Wednesday night. The morning I walked for 2 and a half hours straight, and then after I did an hour of strength exercise. My legs were aching with fatigue all night. I didn't sleep at all. Lol, learned my lesson. :/
  • c_pantojas
    Options

I cursed myself on Wednesday night. The morning I walked for 2 and a half hours straight, and then after I did an hour of strength exercise. My legs were aching with fatigue all night. I didn't sleep at all. Lol, learned my lesson. :/

Yes I've been there as well. We want results asap. But I'm slowly learning it's all about balance and really really paying attention to your body and how it reacts to food, exercise etc
  • QueenofHearts023
    Options

Yes I've been there as well. We want results asap. But I'm slowly learning it's all about balance and really really paying attention to your body and how it reacts to food, exercise etc

Lol I was trying to work off an overeating session. Also, I'm trying to improve endurance so I did twice what I would normally do. Today I walked less because I knew I was doing strength. Much better. So its either loads of walking without strength, or strength with less walking. ;) just had to figure out what works.
  • eringrace95_
    eringrace95_ Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies!
  • c_pantojas
    Options

Lol I was trying to work off an overeating session. Also, I'm trying to improve endurance so I did twice what I would normally do. Today I walked less because I knew I was doing strength. Much better. So its either loads of walking without strength, or strength with less walking. ;) just had to figure out what works.

Exactly! Great!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    One option is to take a deliberate diet break to refresh yourself physically and mentally.
    A month at maintenance calories for example.
  • Darjaurhziva
    Darjaurhziva Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well, what really is the other choice? I do not see it. Just try every day is special. Some day you Will be good with exercise and calorie goal, the other day you feel not working out or eatinh to much. Jast continue, be patient, the next day you Will be good again. That is life.
  • suzannep281
    suzannep281 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I allow my body a rest from the pool sometimes, but the next day I am back there walking in the water with weights. I also have an exercise buddy. My health has motivated me to take better care of myself with eating nutritious food, getting a good night's sleep and forgiving myself if I make poor food choices for that particular day. I faithfully write in my food notes and save them so I can learn from them. I don't do it perfectly, but I do it every day. The Secret is to end my notes on something positive about that day. Then I erase it in my mind and begin fresh the next day. I am losing my fear of food and I am finding that I feel more motivated. I am not so rigid, but ,I am totally committed to never quit! I have lost 45 pounds since September 29th and the last doctor visit, heralded my blood pressure medicine and my metformin for diabetes. I thanks God everyday that He got me to MFP. It has given me my hope and my life back. Get rest, listen to your body, and be kind to yourself on. the bad days. I am here to support you as others have supported me. Remember: you can do this just one day at a time. Best wishes coming your way for your continued success!!