I am ordering MY POLAR HRM Do i need any additional stuff

Options
I am ordering a polar ft7 HRM today, and I am wondering if I need any additional attachments. I am ordering it off of amazon and I cannot see if it comes with the chest strap. Is the transmitter the chest strap??? also do I need the electro gel and all of that other stuff. I am ordering within the hour because I am a typical impatient male. So someone who knows help a brother out.

Replies

• M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    it should come with the chest strap. u dont need any gel, just a tiny bit of water in the electrodes to start detecting any conduction! why dont u google the polar ft7 instructions and u will get the adobe file to read through
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    sweet thanks maria
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You don't need anything else .............
  • kamoira23
    kamoira23 Posts: 193
    Options
    Mine is from Amazon (an FT4) and it comes with anything. You could buy electrode gel if you really wanted to, but water works and it's free. :]
  • caitlinsmum
    caitlinsmum Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 and also don't use a gel etc, just wet it with water. Hope you enjoy your HRM :bigsmile:
  • barwwd
    barwwd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    We got this polar heart rate monitor from amazon..... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001U0OFDC less than a month ago. It came with a chest strap. That's all you need. Usually we just put on the strap and watch and go. Although if it doesn't pick up your heart rate you can add a little water to the electrodes. Congrats! We LOVE our FT7 Polar HRMs!
  • michelleisgettinfit
    Options
    you don't need to gel, just water. :)
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    Wow that manual was short and easy Maria, and I didnt know I could record the workout, Thanks all
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    NOW IF IT WILL JUST HURRY UP AND ARRIVE.
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    It is now ordered WOOOHOOOOO
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I just lick my Polar chest strap ;) It's a bit gross but easier than going to get water etc etc. Anyone else just lick it?
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Enjoy. I have a polar f6 which I bought brand new off ebay and works as well. If I can work out how to use the watch anyone can.