HELP MEEEE!!!

Options
so the other day I weigh and loss some and today it says I gained 2lbs wtf really I haven't gone over on my calories at all so annoyed is what todo I have been stuck for months

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You've given little information. What's your height, weight now, how much you want to lose, how many calories MFP has given you, are you weighing and logging everything you eat and drink on a digital scale, are you exercising, and how much....... All of this info will give someone the tools to help you. An open food diary also cuts to the quick, but people are afraid--there usually lies the problem. Alot don't like to log and don't do it consistantly. Those who do lose. Best.
  • tamimisa
    tamimisa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, when you do weighting, make sure to do it early morning after you wake up. This is the best time as most of liquids & foods have been absorbed which will give you the net weight of your body. So do it tomorrw with light clothes and then do it the day after same time same clothes and then you will get the accurate results. I hope it will be positive
  • rreneesmith32
    rreneesmith32 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes I log everything I eat and it's normally around 1100 calories aday
  • rreneesmith32
    Options
    Yes I weigh first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom and I weigh naked so I don't have to worry about what clothes I have one

• snowflake954
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yes I log everything I eat and it's normally around 1100 calories aday

Then open up your diary. And the other stats????? Also MFP won't let you go below 1200 cals without a red warning written underneath your calories--have you been seeing that?
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I go up and down 3-4lbs its normal fluctuations
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    2lb is well within the limit of a normal fluctuation in body weight. Remember it's impossible to get an actual accurate weight, as the body, being the complex machine it is, fluctuates all the time. Your levels of glycogen, extracellular fluid, and gastrointestinal contents are never going to be the same at any given point.

You're also using consumer grade weighing scales. They have a large tolerance.

if you're eating 1100 calories a day, and if you're logging is on point then it's nigh on impossible for you to gain body fat. In fact if these two statements are true then you should be losing body fat on a consistent basis. Maybe you need to look at your logging and figure out if you're consuming more calories than you think.

In regards to the scale weight. Track and observe trends over a sustained period using one of the many applications out there, ignoring scale fluctuations.
  • rreneesmith32
    Options
    Thanks guys Ik I am pretty strict with calories so they are normally always about 1150 or 1200. The only problem I can think of is some meds I am on. I have been on steroids for 3 years now for leukemia I had and steroids makes people gain weight so I think it is making it hard for me to lose
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    it is water weight ….weight fluctuates every day …stop weighing in every day ….
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    do you use a food scale?

and you should be netting 1200 calories a day….
  • snowflake954
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks guys Ik I am pretty strict with calories so they are normally always about 1150 or 1200. The only problem I can think of is some meds I am on. I have been on steroids for 3 years now for leukemia I had and steroids makes people gain weight so I think it is making it hard for me to lose

It doesn't matter how strict you think you are--you're not losing. No stats, no open diary, so carry on just as you are and good luck.
  • rreneesmith32
    Options
    No I don't why everyday and yes I use a good scale
  • rreneesmith32
    Options
    Food
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    No I don't why everyday and yes I use a good scale

If you don't use a food scale, you're guesstimating on calories. If you change your diary settings to public, people can take a look and help you troubleshoot.
  • snowflake954
    Options
    See thread "In desperate need of reasurance". Same problem--same answers.
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    input/output. Have you output the same amount as input? Chances are not. Sweat it!