MapMyWalk inaccuracy

Options
Anyone has problem with MMW? I did 57 mins walk today it shows that I did 1.8kms burn 80cal. GPS tracking seems to lost at some point is that my iPhone problem but then how do it fix this!? Is there any other recommend app? I also use Fitbit flex but I push stroller most of the time so it didn't track correctly either :(

Replies

• anniebag28
    anniebag28 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Put the fit bit around your ankle while pushing the stroller.
  • Roeder1122
    Roeder1122 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Anyone has problem with MMW? I did 57 mins walk today it shows that I did 1.8kms burn 80cal. GPS tracking seems to lost at some point is that my iPhone problem but then how do it fix this!? Is there any other recommend app? I also use Fitbit flex but I push stroller most of the time so it didn't track correctly either :(

I use MMW and I've noticed that I have to keep my data on, otherwise he loses signal. I don't use the calories from the app because it doesn't take into account any hills or different challenges, only the mapped area. I use my HRM for calories
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I find that Map My Run also went weird (dropping and picking up my path) if I had something else going that used a lot of data (like the kid in the stroller playing Angry Birds Epic).
    And I used a garmin vivofit, but if I put it in my pocket it was just as accurate as putting it in my shoe or sock (wasn't big enough to go around the ankle)

I swapped from map my Run to Endomondo when I went with a windows phone, but Endomondo does the same if I get texts.
  • cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I used MMR years ago. It's been awhile, but I seem to remember that you can edit your workout to adjust for those times when you lose a GPS signal. It may be a pain, but you may find that it's worth it to you.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I've had problems with mmw for a couple weeks now. I started using MMRun instead but I feel as though it overestimates at times.