first time on the forum + intermittent fasting

Options
Hey everybody. Want to introduce myself on this and also find out if anybody else on this is intermittent fasting?

Replies

• ryjaaah
    ryjaaah Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome to "The Forums"
  • cozette111
    cozette111 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Right now I'm on day 4 of a 21 day fast but when this is done I will continue to incorporate 1-2 days a week of fasting. It really helps keep my weight balanced
  • lewisoreilly95
    lewisoreilly95 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's me been intermittent fasting for 3 weeks and it feels great. Abs are starting to show quicker then they do when I'm tracking macros and striations in my legs are popping out through my skinny jeans
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    cozette111 wrote: »
    Welcome! Right now I'm on day 4 of a 21 day fast but when this is done I will continue to incorporate 1-2 days a week of fasting. It really helps keep my weight balanced

but...why? Are you still on it?

I do IF. That coupled with IIFYM is how I lost most of my weight.
  • Yellowon02
    Yellowon02 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've been a fan of intermittent fasting for awhile generally I aim for 17 hours fasting. Eating between noon and 7pm.
  • tbooboogie
    tbooboogie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Can you work out and do intermittent fasting?
  • lewisoreilly95
    lewisoreilly95 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    tbooboogie wrote: »
    Can you work out and do intermittent fasting?

Yeah I've been working out doing it. I've only done fasted cardio so don't know what its like lifting weight while fasted yet
  • Yellowon02
    Yellowon02 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You can and I often do first thing in the morning ... But I wouldn't do a major WO ... You won't perform well.
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I've had success in the past following the 'eat-stop-eat guide. I've got the pdf so if you'd like just drop me a PM and I'll send you it. It's easier than you may think