Sharp pain in foot/ankle during exercise

Options
Sometimes when I'm working out I get this sharp pain in my foot, sometimes shooting up to my ankle. It happens on either foot, when doing jumping jacks, high knees etc. It only last a few seconds at a time but it's getting more frequent during workouts. Any ideas what could be causing this? Wondering if ankle wraps would help?

Replies

• paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You need to talk to a professional-Dr., PT.
  • mcg899
    mcg899 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    An ankle wrap could possibly help, icing it and foam Rolling also may do the job. Try that maybe for a week if not go see a doctor.
  • scottish_laura_13
    scottish_laura_13 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    try some lower impact exercises instead of jumping jacks
    it might be due to your footwear - you may need more support to correct the foot position which affects your ankle, this may involve gait analysis and insoles to help support your arch and therefore your ankle - either go to a running shop or a podiatrist
    you also may need to build up strength on your ankles - this can be done buy walking on uneven surfaces more i.e. sand, strengthening your ankle by one leg calf raises (including 1 leg bent knee calf raises) balancing exercises and others (google strengthen ankle exercises)