This is the heaviest I have ever been!!

Options
so I am here for any support or help that this site can offer, I have had the worst two years of my life with family stuff going on and all I seem to do when I am upset is reach for the biscuits, the large dairy milks, McDonald's, dominoes pizza, I cannot stop eating I don't have any willpower, I said to myself that for my 30th birthday I would get down to 10 stone that is when I felt most happiest, even tho that is still big for most 5ft 2 frames I felt great I myself I had so much confidence. Now all I feel is disgust I hate what i see I cry when I look In the mirror, I hate going out, I have recently got myself a personal trainer I went to him about 5 times before Xmas then had a whole month off and went back to him last week, he weighed and measured me and I am classed as clinically obese, I feel massive. I want to lose 28ibs is there anyone else out there that feels like me?

Replies

• bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    sexyjem1985, you are a very attractive woman, and no, you are not alone. Many of the people here are either right where you are, or have been there. The task in front of you may look insurmountable, but I assure you, it is not. I'm glad you got yourself a personal trainer. That can be a big help, at least initially, until you figure out the things you need to be doing on your own. The biggest thing is, though, nothing will change until you are ready to do what needs to be done, and you accept the fact that nothing is going to happen overnight. You did not get to where you are overnight, so you can't expect to reverse it quickly. Slow and steady is the key. Reach out to others here. Make some friends. Review the Just Getting Started threads. And make your plans and stick to them. I wish you all the best on your journey, and if I can be of any help, please let me know.
  • sexyjem1985
    sexyjem1985 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Aww thank you that is lovely of you very kind words, yes I have been looking at motivational quotes to try an keep me focused, I think that's the thing people want the weight gone fast and like you said it's gone over probably 3 years so it's going to take time to come off, I am hoping I can take off 1-2ibs a week.
  • haywood1966
    haywood1966 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Morning there I just wanted too let you know that you are never alone in your personal struggle to lose weight.i truly believe that's why so many of us have joined My fitness pal i was also classified as being Obese and at one time I tipped the scale @ 315lbs while wearing a size 44 in pants and hated everything about myself.Here we are years later and for the 1st time in years i now weigh in @ 259lbs so yes you can do it
  • sexyjem1985
    Options
    Wow that's brilliant good for you!! Keep up the good work x
  • cjwilkins08
    cjwilkins08 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I started a weight loss competition with my fiance today actually lol. I am really nervous for him to see my starting weight because I'm not someone who is open about that at all.. were trying it out to see if it motivates us. We made charts and after everg 10 lbs. We lose we get to treat ourself to a prize.My 10 lb prize is a mani pedi! We also have a $ jar. We decided that april 1st is the end date for the jar. Every lb we lose we put $1 in the jar, every lb we gain or gain back we put $2 in tge jar, and if we hit a 10 lb goal and get our prize and then gain weight after getting our goal prize we have to put $20 in the jar on top of $2 per lb we gained...and whoever loses the most body weight percentage in the end wins the money jar and can buy what they want with it. I'm super excited! Maybe turning it into a game will help with motvation! That's what I'm hoping anyway... you can do anything if you put ur mind to it!
  • meewin
    meewin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    so I am here for any support or help that this site can offer, I have had the worst two years of my life with family stuff going on and all I seem to do when I am upset is reach for the biscuits, the large dairy milks, McDonald's, dominoes pizza, I cannot stop eating I don't have any willpower, I said to myself that for my 30th birthday I would get down to 10 stone that is when I felt most happiest, even tho that is still big for most 5ft 2 frames I felt great I myself I had so much confidence. Now all I feel is disgust I hate what i see I cry when I look In the mirror, I hate going out, I have recently got myself a personal trainer I went to him about 5 times before Xmas then had a whole month off and went back to him last week, he weighed and measured me and I am classed as clinically obese, I feel massive. I want to lose 28ibs is there anyone else out there that feels like me?

Every day of my life. I'm not happy with myself and things must change. I am like you, eat eat eat eat eat.
  • Endless_Journey
    Endless_Journey Posts: 136 Member
    Options

Hey
    “Today is a brand new day. A fresh start. Replace any negativity with positivity. Think happy thoughts. Exercise. Drink lots of water. Fill your body with fuel. Healthy is happy. Inspire yourself. Create. Laugh. Play. Love. Learn. Give someone a compliment. Make a new friend. Do a random act of kindness. It creates good karma. Take chances and finally start living life to its fullest. But no matter what’s thrown at you today, smile and remember, tomorrow’s always a fresh new start.
    You can do this right, remember life is not a rehearsal we only get one chance. So get out there and kick some *kitten*
  • sexyjem1985
    Options
    You talk a lot of sense thanx you x
  • hazman81
    hazman81 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    As someone once told me Rome wasn't built over night. I've pondered that a lot now as I see changes (although little) it give me motivation