Looking for support buddies

Options
I am in my 50s. I am a wife, mother, and grandmother. I am home bound which makes things hard. I have had 5 abdomen surgeries due to hernias and I have gained a lot of weight in the abdomen area. I need to lose at least 80 lbs. I am doing wii fit 30 to 60 minutes a day. I hate most healthy foods....I surely could use weight lost buddies, recipes, weight loss tips, suggestions and so on.

Replies

• lindahhhurley
    lindahhhurley Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    me too..I lost 3lbs in 9 days abd have a goal of 8-10 lbs a month and MAINTAIN goal weight of 140ish..1st time tryin calorie deficit and b4 starting lost 40lbs changing lifestyle:stayin away from processed food, junk food-except for a weekly treat which I gotta be careful with as it can turn to a binge easily. so msy make it a monthly thing! but eat whole foods and hi quality grains-steel cut oats, quinoa and squirrly bread, eating healtjy can be expensive but worth it! so whats ur goal?
  • nyyankeedeb
    nyyankeedeb Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for you input...I haven't been snacking after supper...no soda...trying to stay away from processed foods...I am aiming to lose 80 lbs. even its a 1 or 2 lbs a week I will be happy..
  • BoomstickChik
    BoomstickChik Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I also try to stay away from soda. I can't have many junk foods because I have celiac disease so I guess that's a no brainer for me.

I also love to use the wii. I play just dance with my kids often!

Feel free to add for support :D
  • sandra_guilbe
    sandra_guilbe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I need new friends so feel free to add me I'm a mother of 3 and I love food I just stopped drinking soda and I'm not eating as much candy as before and I haven't had any chips I really need to loose the weight cause it's affecting everything in my body I have high cholesterol and high blood pressure so I need to focus plus the doctor said I'm almost to the point to get diabetes which I don't want so I need all the help I can get ,
  • WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hello there, Good luck on your weight loss journey! Feel free to add me, maybe we can encourage each other!