Trying to be patient!!

Options
I ran track in high school and was in great shape but now after surgery that left me bedridden For almost a year and childbirth, 15 years later im fat and out of shape. It's hard to start slow (workout 3 days a week for 30 min each) but I'm trying! Because I know this is not who I am. I want to feel good about me! You can do it and so can I!

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Small daily steps leads to staggering results. You'll get there faster than you might think. Patience will pay off!
  • coachfeliciad
    coachfeliciad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I ran track in high school and was in great shape but now after surgery that left me bedridden For almost a year and childbirth, 15 years later im fat and out of shape. It's hard to start slow (workout 3 days a week for 30 min each) but I'm trying! Because I know this is not who I am. I want to feel good about me! You can do it and so can I!

My story is similar to yours. I never ran track but softball was my life in HS. But after graduation, it just went downhill. I'm sorry your surgery didn't go well but I'm proud of you for getting back out there and making the changes that's gonna change your life! Remember to just take it one day and one pound at a time and that it's about progress not perfection :)
  • cristalina95
    cristalina95 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for the encouragement, it is definitely going to be an uphill battle and I needed that! Losing half my body weight is a journey that sometimes seems impossible but I know I just have to stick with it.
  • coachfeliciad
    coachfeliciad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for the encouragement, it is definitely going to be an uphill battle and I needed that! Losing half my body weight is a journey that sometimes seems impossible but I know I just have to stick with it.

You're welcome! That's really what it boils down to. You need to remind yourself of your why everyday and remember that if you stick with it then a year from now you'll have reached and exceeded your goals and you won't ever have to start over again.
  • Tink_70
    Tink_70 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I have lost 61 pounds in the past year. I have about 20 pounds to go and it isn't coming off as quickly as I would like. Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options

+1. You can do it!