Weightloss Surgery?

Hey All! Anyone have or in the process of having Weightloss Surgery?

Replies

• shazzmatazz
    shazzmatazz Posts: 18 Member
    I'm waiting until I'm down to the last 10lbs and then I'm thinking about it. You know you have to wear a girdle 24/7 for 2 months?! think about that.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    I'm waiting until I'm down to the last 10lbs and then I'm thinking about it. You know you have to wear a girdle 24/7 for 2 months?! think about that.
    I believe the OP is talking about something like a sleeve gastrectomy rather than the removal of excess skin after weight loss.
  • CarboUnload
    CarboUnload Posts: 30 Member
    I have visited with a surgeon and started the lifestyle classes for the surgery, but I will most likely not get it for a variety of reasons. I don't want to discourage anyone on the boards, though, so if you want to chat about it and what I have discovered would be my main issues with it, feel free to pm me. Ultimately, the choice will be yours, but others opinions sometimes help me think of things in a different way.
  • slepygrl
    slepygrl Posts: 249 Member

I'm not talking about a tummy tuck. I'm talking about gastric bypass or a sleeve.

• BeelzLPL
    BeelzLPL Posts: 51 Member
    I had a gastric bypass (Roux-en-y) 13 months ago so can give you some info if you like.
    I am based in UK if that makes a difference to care etc.
  • tcotheran83
    tcotheran83 Posts: 2 Member
    I had Gastric bypass 5 years ago. Best decision ever. :)
  • marymcla
    marymcla Posts: 9 Member
    I had Verticle Gastric Sleeve December 2014. Doing great. I am 56 and down 130#.
  • cdashko
    cdashko Posts: 3 Member
    Marymcla I would like to discuss the surgery since I am getting it done Feb. 29th Thanks Cindy
  • sharielaylay95
    sharielaylay95 Posts: 8 Member
    Meeeee. Surgery is monday.