Hi c: I just started my journey about a week ago and I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on excercising?

Replies

• paisiovich
    paisiovich Posts: 19 Member
    I'd recommend one of two things....if this is your very very first rodeo i suggest joining a gym that's within your budget but offers a personal trainer to set you up with a fitness program and speaks to you about the exercises, muscle groups and nutritiion. Alternatively I'd sugges the much cheaper version by relaxing in your livingroom with a notepad and start the utube journey to fitness knowledge...there's alot of very goo advice and instruction flix ....you'll find yourself overloaded if you do it too much but better multiple opinions to help you round out what you think is good for you.
    Nutritionally speaking, i don't know if your getting in shape or combining that with dieting down. If you are disaplined i'd recomment purchasing a fitness watch and a heart rate monitor around your chest. I use POLAR brand. I actually have a pace maker now so i can drive....they don't know what happened to me and don't know how i self healed but i have to this to drive i guess under law....thus i grabbed a chest strap and watch from POLAR and if you add this app to it and start scanning the bar code for everything you consume along with syncing your workouts while wearing the chest strap.....by golly you get a plethra of valuable data that helps you fine tune your diet to reduce or increase as needed. I realized i was short on iron and was consuming too much of other things....so i added the iron and cut back on the other a boom within a week i was seeing the results i couldn't get and feeling better.
    So you have to decide what you want....strength....cardio....both....embrace nutrition as well as technology which will help bring it all together and make it less confusing. I mean nothing worse then going for a run and after you asking yourself....did that help me? how many cal did i burn? how much more can a eat to keep the momentum? etc. POLAR & FITNESS PAL together provide everything you require to stay informed. YOU JUST HAVE TO REALIZE THAT YOUR EMBRACING A NEW LIFESTYLE....IT WILL KNOCK THE *kitten* OUT OF YOU FOR A WHILE....AND THEN....YOU'LL GET YOUR EDGE....AND WHEN YOU DO...IT'S A RUSH.... I'm 53 now and got my first taste of fitness when i competitively wrestled in high school...i've been on and off this horse many times....work, health scares, relationships etc....but i've always came back to fitness and realized it's where i find my balance. If i want to go skydiving, or rock climbing tomorrow i can....some of my friends my age can't even get out of the water and on my rear boat deck so they don't swim at all because they are embarrassed.

FINAL NOTE: I have a pace maker because i went into what's called Heart Block Stage 3 which means my lower half of my heart was not receiving instruction from the upper to beat....i went to hospital with 25bpm...i self healed in less than a 24hr period without medication. They don't know how i did it or even how a person at my age in my physical condition would even go into heart block but i did. After 3 weeks of tests...bla bla bla....the end result was i had to get the pace maker or i couldn't drive. My surgeon's final words to me were..."I KNOW YOUR LOOKING FORWARD TO GOING HOME AND SEEING YOUR FAMILY JIM.....THE SECOND PLACE YOU SHOULD BE GOING TO IS THE BOOTCAMP YOU ATTEND....THEY SAVED YOUR LIFE." nuff said.

HOPE THAT HELPS....ADD ME IF YOU WISH....HAVE A GREAT DAY! JIM