Which activity tracker to buy?

Hi - I'm researching activity trackers, and I want to get one. I want one that I can wear swimming, that will sync with MFP, and that will tell me when I need to get up and move. Your suggestions with the best model would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• evildeadedd
    evildeadedd Posts: 108 Member
    Depends on features you want and price really. Want a wrist heart rate monitor? If yes you are limited to either the Garmin vivosmart hr, or the polar a360 Afaik. If you don't want the optical hrm it opens up some other possibilities.
  • slb260
    slb260 Posts: 52 Member
    I don't need the HR monitor. If it's on there, fine, but it's not essential.
  • evildeadedd
    There is the basis peak too that has hrm and water proof, but hear the app doesn't play nice with mfp
  • evildeadedd
    If no hrm, could go with moov now, no display, but it cheap and the app has a virtual coach that's supposed to be cool. Not sure about its mfp friendliness. The Garmin vivoactive is awesome, built in GPS, good app, but it over two hundred bucks. Think misfit did a band with Speedo, I assume that would be swim focused. For the money I love the vivosmart hr, still figuring it out though.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    I vote: None. :D But that's just me. I really don't find them to be that beneficial. I use and HRM during spin classes but that is the extent of my tech stuff. I have not yet found and HRM that works well in a pool. The strap holding the transmitter doesn't prevent it from flipping over on push off. Woman have a top to hold in place though.
    The wrist read HRMS don't work for swimming.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    I like "Map my Run," app for my cell phone.
  • paisiovich
    paisiovich Posts: 19 Member
    I use POLAR, HRM strap and M400...changed my life. There all good you just have to decide on budget and what information you want to extract from your workouts....and where your going down the road so you don't have to rebuy.