Has anyone experienced their hard fat turn soft?

Options
The fat on my stomach is a lot softer and squishy now. Ive kind of plateaued and haven't lost weight in a few weeks. I might be going crazy but my stomach feels a lot different, this is a good thing right?

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Do you do crunches? That's the best thing I've ever known to tighten the abdomen.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Do you do crunches? That's the best thing I've ever known to tighten the abdomen.

Crunches don't tighten the abdomen.
  • maea5040
    maea5040 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

Yes, Ive done crunches a few times this week
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Yes. With significant weight loss there's a deflation effect. There will be some tightening of the skin over the coming months.

My belly reminded me of how my stomach looked immediately after delivering my babies. A big, soft, deflated balloon.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Yes, it tends to get squishier as you go along.

There's this article that talks about it really briefly (last few paragaphs.)

I've thought about this quite a bit. I was fat all over but carried the majority in my abdomen, which was fairly firm when I was that size. I'm down 50 pounds but still have a lot of stomach fat, which is all very squishy. I think that I likely had a lot of visceral fat, which is the fat all around your organs. That fat tends to burn off before the subcutaneous fat. My thinking is that the visceral fat filled out my abdomen, which is why it felt firmer when I was heavier. Now I am left with empty stretched skin that is lined with subcutaneous fat. Pretty much a squishy hanging bag of fat.
  • patesq
    patesq Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just assumed it was because at my highest weight, the skin was stretched tight and held everything snug. Then, when I started losing weight, there was less volume underneath so the skin wasn't stretched as tight and things seemed more wobbly/wiggly.
  • aziz78lahore
    aziz78lahore Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yup squishy type globules after weight loss, but my abdomen region has sort of tightened up after I have started doing planks. The process is very slow though and is taking me around a month to lose an inch of my waist from the navel. Planks & HIIT(High Intensity Interval Training) are your best friend.
  • HungryHungrystepho
    HungryHungrystepho Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Any updates on how this ended up for you? I am dealing with this now.
  • HungryHungrystepho
    HungryHungrystepho Posts: 21 Member
    Options

My belly reminded me of how my stomach looked immediately after delivering my babies. A big, soft, deflated balloon. [/quote]

Yes this is exactly what it is like!! Does it go away? Or is that the "new me"? Any searches I've done I find a lot of reference to the article about squishes and wooshes...but that may just be a persons opinion. Not sure if there is any truth to it.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

My belly reminded me of how my stomach looked immediately after delivering my babies. A big, soft, deflated balloon.

Yes this is exactly what it is like!! Does it go away? Or is that the "new me"? Any searches I've done I find a lot of reference to the article about squishes and wooshes...but that may just be a persons opinion. Not sure if there is any truth to it.

@HungryHungrystepho It is very normal for fat to go through squishy stages and then to feel deflated. It will probably do this many times. In the end, if you have incorporated some resistance training, you should end up with a firm middle.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    It gets squishy right before the "woosh." Hang tight and the scale will catch up.