Fitbit not updating

Options
MrsLodge13
MrsLodge13 Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Mine or my husbands fitbits are not updating onto MFP... Is anyone else having the same issue?? It was fine up until now :/

Replies

• Jules7727
    Jules7727 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My fitbit yesterday gave me negative points toward my food - so my daily calorie count was 600 versus 1500. Today seems to be fine
  • weesa7
    weesa7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did 3 workouts and over 14,000 steps. It says I only burned 67 calories for exercise which is bs. Clearly is wasn't syncing correctly.
  • minamina27
    minamina27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey me too. Just came on here to see if anyone else had the same problem. Negative yesterday and today so far even though for yesterday when I closed my diary I had around 1300 fitbit calories. Then this morning they had disappeared and it showed I am over yesterday's calories by 800+! Hope it's sorted soon. I NEED TO KNOW HOW IM DOING! Sorry for shouting. Please post on here if you find out the problem. Thanks.
  • jhudson892
    jhudson892 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am having same problem
  • petersonma
    petersonma Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My answer may be a little unpopular, but when my fitbit stops syncing correctly, I restart my tablet and it will update. Sometimes I have to do that everytime I want to update for several days. Then it starts working right and stays that way for long stretches of time. I currently haven't had problems for about 3 weeks. I also see posts here and on fitbit that show my solution may not work in all cases. It's a bit of a hassle when I have to restart my tablet so much, and some people won't have that patience, but it keeps me going.
  • deelishus1964
    deelishus1964 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This morning it had the correct amount, but now it seems to have lost my exercise that was there earlier.
  • concertina6
    concertina6 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue and know of another user who is as well. My fitbit calorie adjustment should have added about 700 calories yesterday but only added about half of that. It was fine up until yesterday (and I've tried rebooting my phone, logging out and back in, and clearing cache).
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Had the same problem yesterday with it not adding in all my exercise. Hopefully they will solve the issue soon.
  • deelishus1964
    deelishus1964 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well, mine seems to be working again - for the time being.
  • concertina6
    concertina6 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    To clarify, my fitbit is syncing the correct calorie burn to MFP, but MFP is calculating something incorrectly, resulting in an incorrect fitbit calorie adjustment.
  • BunnyBomb
    BunnyBomb Posts: 143 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My Fitbit Adjustment has now vanished entirely at the bottom of my diary!

It's there every other day if I scroll back through the history, but not at the bottom of today. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the Fitbit, but no joy. I even tried restarting my phone and checking via the PC. It's like from today MFP no longer provides a Fitbit calorie adjustment!?

I think it's properly broken!
  • astralpunch
    astralpunch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My exercise calories from Fitbit were way lower this morning than they should have been. I desynced my accounts and resynced them and things look normal. Hopefully they'll stay that way.
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble too. It shows that I've taken 0 steps on MFP today and yesterday. When I log into the Fitbit app it shows my food and everything recorded from MFP though. I tried disconnecting the account and reconnecting with no luck. Also deleting the app and reinstalling. No luck yet. Really frustrating!
  • BunnyBomb
    BunnyBomb Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hopefully the developers see this thread and take a look at it...
  • astralpunch
    astralpunch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The exercise calories messed up for me again this afternoon. I used the advice from this post. Went into the MFP app on my phone, hit More > Steps and changed the setting from "Don't track steps" to Fitbit. The MFP website immediately recognized a likelier amount of exercise calories. Maybe the last app update reset this for me?
  • Craig_Roman
    Craig_Roman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm with the majority, yesterday I had issues with the Fitbit and today I get no communication at all. I've disconnected reconnected my Fitbit I've logged out of both apps, I've power cycled the phone. Ive posted to my feed and I've even tweeted them. I basically reminded them I could log my food in my Fitbit app.
  • roush2
    roush2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    lol! i just posted this q on facebook. i guess i'm not alone!
  • Erinkidd01
    Erinkidd01 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Has anyone fixed this? I'm having a really hard time figuring out how much to eat and switching between the fitbit and mfp apps continuously is a pain.
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Mine started working again this afternoon! @Erinkidd01 you should just eat the number of calories mfp gives you unless you are doing a work out then add that in manually. :)
  • Erinkidd01
    Erinkidd01 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    lindsayh87 wrote: »
    Mine started working again this afternoon! @Erinkidd01 you should just eat the number of calories mfp gives you unless you are doing a work out then add that in manually. :)

Lucky you. Unfortunately, mine is still broken. It seems like only the non-exercise calories are being transferred from fitbit to mfp, which makes it a lot lower than usual (since fitbit auto-categorizes activity as exercise).

I relied on fitbit for the calorie information. I play tennis 2+ hours a day on top of ~30 minutes of cardio and an hour of lifting. Tennis intensity varies greatly, so logging here accurately is impossible (unless I copy the results from fitbit over, but that's a manual process which I didn't use to have to do). And lifting increases calorie burn post-workout, which you can't get from tracking lifting here.

Hopefully someone on the MFP team and likely the fitbit team can get this figured out soon (as much fun as it is with mfp telling me to eat 1000 calories less than I should be based on activity).