I'm I wasting my time on this

Options

Replies

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Down 26+lbs in 88 days. This app is marvy!
  • Shrinking_Erin
    Shrinking_Erin Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm down 45 pounds in the few years I've been here. Also has twins last year and moved from USA to Europe. The months when I didn't use it.. I maintained or gained. So my goal for this year is to faithfully log in everyday ..log what I eat and see where I am at the end of 2016. Also the more you log in ..and log your food.. The quicker you get at it and it becomes second nature.
  • Julz868
    Julz868 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    No keep going with app it's not a waste of time, and for those whom states that one should not eat over 1200 cals is very untrue, everyone has different caloric requirements and shouldn't be compared to each other. The bottom line is you get out of the app what you put in. The only down side I could mention that lately I've noticed heaps of adds pop up on my diary which is extremely disconcerting to say the least.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    How bad do you want it?
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    If I don't use the app I have become less mindful of what I'm consuming and put on weight .
    I'm rubbish at eyeballing portions and they can get bigger and bigger if I let them.
    Btw I am tiny so can do 1200 easily , I eat more based on the exercise cals I eat back
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    If you think it might be a waste of time, you already have an attitude that will probably make it a waste of time for you.
  • Smokey705
    Smokey705 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It won't waste your time, YOU WILL. And this app won't make u lose weight, ONLY YOU will. It is just a tool for you to use, use it wisely and be honest with it and YOU WILL see RESULTS.
  • 20months
    20months Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have used it since February 2014, and it has helped me achieve a 192# loss.
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    min_oh wrote: »
    Verdenal wrote: »
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »

Hint though - eat more than 1200 - that doesn't work for anyone.

That's not accurate. There are some people with medical conditions or who simply aren't very large or active who must eat fewer than 1,200 calories to lose weight.

It is for the member to decide what her calorie max should be. If there are any doubts, a doctor or nutritionist should be consulted.

Really appreciate your feedback everyone :smile: I'm going to give this app my time. Now I have it synced with all my fit devices. I'll keep everyone posted.

Can I just ask, how did you see my personal data on my cal intake? It's been a busy day today, hence the increased cal intake :smiley:

I was just making a general statement. I didn't even try to look at your personal data. Good luck.
  • morgennn
    morgennn Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Day 67, down 30lbs in total! (I was healthy eating for a while before I started logging again)

I HIGHLY recommend this app, it's the one and only way that I've managed to lose any weight :) Been struggling with it since I was around 16/17 and I'm finally making a change at nearly 21! Feels good.
  • wife2joaquin
    wife2joaquin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use it everyday. I'm on a 154 days streak. Last year, I went camping and lost my 200+ day streak. I've lost 70 lbs so far. So, it's all up to you, what your goals are, and if you're motivated to log in everyday to stay on track. If this app doesn't do it for you, that's ok. Find something that works and stick with that.
  • lkokot
    lkokot Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It works for me and I like it way more than any of the other ones I used.
  • FiNnY22
    FiNnY22 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I use this daily, to me its invaluable for measuring my food intake and nutrient macros as well as logging my exercise trends. Case in point, a tray of cup cakes arrived at work yesterday for somebodies birthday, they sat next to me all day. The one thing that kept me from eating one (sadly) was plugging a generic cupcake in MFP and seeing it tell me it was 370 kcals etc. No cup cake consumed and another win for the app.
  • 20likenow
    20likenow Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Mfp has me calculated for 1290 calories, it works for me as I've lost 12lbs. I have another 15 to reach my goal. I do log religiously, that is the only way counting calories will work.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I started with MFP in January of 2015. I really didn't take it serious for a month or so, then on Feb 14th 2015 I decided I would log everything and eat within the calorie ranges and macros the wizard set for me. Since that time to this day I am 99 lbs lighter. Yes, it works. Just don't lie to your food diary, log everything that passes your lips, and it'll work. I am living proof. I have about 15 more days to go before I hit my one year goal of losing 100 lbs, and I likely will surpass that. I mixed in tons of exercise along with dieting with this app, but all that did was give me extra calories to eat. I never ate back more than about 30% of my exercise calories, and tried not to eat any of them back if possible.
  • RaeB1013
    RaeB1013 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You get out what you put in. My advice is to be honest with your logging. Even if that means you're over on calories, chalk it up as a lesson and move on. I have logged every day since mid April and am down 113 lbs! This is a very valuable tool in learning how to eat in moderation. I'm hoping to be down another 20-25 lbs by the time my year mark rolls around! Good luck! :)
  • Lolzers
    Lolzers Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    hm - yes. many use it daily/religiously.

It will only be a waste of time if you DON'T use it daily/religiously.

Up to you whether you want to make it work or not.

Hint though - eat more than 1200 - that doesn't work for anyone.

This!
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I use this site daily but I do not rely on the food database for the correct information as most of the time it is incorrect. I calculate everything myself and then input the information, so far, so good. I've lost 11 lbs in 54 days. I do not input my exercise for the day either as it jacks up the caloric intake. Good Luck!
  • ArmorForFitness
    ArmorForFitness Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I actually use this app to plan my meal for the whole weak (breakfast, snacks, lunch, and dinner) c: It helps me make sure I know what I'm eating and prevents me from diverging from my dietary plan!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Day #1332 here....App is only as good as the time & care you put into making it work.

2hlqelkigbue.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!