question about weight loss

Options
Hello! My name is Jessica and although I am new to this site, I am not new to dieting, exercising, and tracking calories. For the summer, I want to slim down and lose 10-15 lbs. So, I decided that I would exercise 1-2 hours a day, which would seemingly produce some sort of result. However, after 6 days of that (plus eating the right amount) the scale has not budged an ounce. I realize that muscle weighs more than fat, but maybe there is someone out there who has had a similar problem and can tell me when you started to see results. How long does it really take to lose just a single pound?!! lol

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    if you are already fit you may only drop 1/2 lb a week if you area lucky. Keep up on the exercise, although i think 2 hours is a lot for me, if you can do it good for you, it will tighten and strengthen your body. Dont follow the scale, it just stresses a person out.
  • laurenlei
    laurenlei Posts: 96
    Options
    1-2hours a day, 6 days a week sounds like too much!!!! you really dont need to do that much. I think your not seeing results for 2 reasons:
    1. you need to give your body time to recover, maybe do an hours exercise max 5 days a week
    2. you havent given it long enough. I didnt see any results until about 8 weeks in.

Dont stop though, you will see results, it just takes time :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I do an hour of cardio a day and it took almost 4 weeks before I lost a pound. I felt better during that time but I didn't really feel thinner and didn't weigh less. Then it just started falling off.
  • ciege77
    ciege77 Posts: 60
    Options
    I think the prior posts already hit it.. the more fit you are, the slower the weight loss will become. Another thing to consider is the type of exercise you're doing and the level of exertion you give. Also, keep in mind that if you're exercising 1-2 hours/day, that could be an additional 400-800 calories you need to eat a day. So if your calorie goal was 1300 and you burn 800 calories, you should have ate a net of 2100 calories for the day.
  • SassieSarah
    Options
    Hi, I sense that ur probably not that overweight to begin with.... I'm also trying to get rid of those last vanitypounds and I've been working out 6 days a week, counting my calories, filling up with water for the last 3 months and I've lost 3 lbs....!

Not trying to discourage u, but this is hard, and u will lose inches, maybe a little weight, but u have to stick with it!!!!!

Feel free to add me if u r trying to lose those last stubborn lbs:)