Bloat or have I gained weight?

Options
Is it normal to fain an inch or two around your belly and waist by the end of the day? I know it applys for weight. My waist was 23inch and now its nearly 24.5!? :( its really upset me. I've not over eaten at all for 2 weeks at least now. Nor have I under eaten

Replies

• sugom2
    sugom2 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you are drinking a ton of water all day, could be bloating. Watch your sodium intake as well.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    sounds like some bloat/water/waste. You can't gain fat if you are legitimately taking in less then you burn.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Yes, but it isn't really a gain. You shouldn't be taking measurements in the AM and at the end of the day. If you want to take measurements, pick a time of day (preferably morning) and only take them at that time. You will gain inches in your stomach over the course of the day because you are adding food and water to your stomach, which will cause it to expand to fit the food/liquid.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    yeah, I wouldn't be measuring at night. I sometimes look 4-5mths pregnant after dinner, but it has gone back down by the next morning.
  • KwonJiYong69
    KwonJiYong69 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    Yes, but it isn't really a gain. You shouldn't be taking measurements in the AM and at the end of the day. If you want to take measurements, pick a time of day (preferably morning) and only take them at that time. You will gain inches in your stomach over the course of the day because you are adding food and water to your stomach, which will cause it to expand to fit the food/liquid.
    I usually only take them in the morning that's why I wwasn't sure whether it was food and water or not. Thank you for telling me :)

• 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    yeah, I wouldn't be measuring at night. I sometimes look 4-5mths pregnant after dinner, but it has gone back down by the next morning.

Haha, yes this. Try measuring before and after a really huge meal plus 32 oz of water. They'll be a change!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Yes. You can get a higher waist measurement at the end of the day after eating and drinking. I take one look in the mirror after my high volume meals and KNOW that measurement is easily and inch higher.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options

Lol, food baby is a real thing!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »

Lol, food baby is a real thing!

Yes indeedy!! Trust me, I've had a few worried looks from my husband when I'm lying on the couch rubbing my pot/aka pregnant looking belly :tongue: