Today was weigh in day!

Options
kmphoto
kmphoto Posts: 7 Member
So the day has finally come...weigh in day that is. I was determined to not weigh myself in for 5 weeks so I would not get discouraged or get on the scale every day and get frustrated and give up. I have to say I am very proud of myself for sticking to it and not getting on the scale for 5 weeks! However, all week I have been a mix of emotions about the scale. What if I get on and it goes up or doesn't show any change. I have been feeling great about my diet and exercise I really didn't want anything to discourage it. So, when I got the scale out this morning it took me a few minutes to process the things that could happen, When I finally stepped on the scale it took me a good minute to get the courage to look down and see what the results were. I am so thrilled to say I have LOST 13 POUNDS! I couldn't believe it! 13 POUNDS! YAY! I am so thrilled and can't wait to see what the next 5 weeks have in store for me, now that I know I can totally do this!

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    That's amazing!!!
    I'm so proud. [:
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    way to go!!!
  • Floricienta
    Floricienta Posts: 209
    Options
    WOW! great job, keep it up girl!
  • thisismynewmindset
    thisismynewmindset Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I think there is something to your strategy... GOOD JOB!!!!!
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Mathematically speaking if your weight loss rate remained the same (which it almost never does) you would reach your goal in less than a year. So if we add a couple months to account for a change in rate that means you will be at your goal by this time next year easily. Just imagine going through next year with your weight already down where you want it.
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!!
    It only gets better from here! : )
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! :smile:
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I completely identify with mixed emotions around weighing. I'm on day 21 and still haven't gotten up the courage to find out my starting weight. I'm afraid that if that number is too high, I'll just give up. One day I make a bargain with myself to weigh when I'm finished the first five weeks. The next day though I promise myself I'll weigh when I have to go to the doctor in three months. My history with weighing is: I'm down celebrate or I'm up commiserate, both equal brownies. Someday though I'll have to have a weigh in day.
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    I'm thinking that after my june challenge I will join you on not weigh myself for 5 weeks. I'm seriously so happy and proud of you!!:)
  • thebutteredtoast
    Options
    Congrats!
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! I just wrote a blog about the battle of the scale! I might just have to implement the 5 week weight in. It might be more motivating.

You are amazing, keep up the great work!
  • trujillo68
    trujillo68 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awsome. I wish I could do that I have to weigh myself daily!
  • mommaG_Grandmatobe
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Wow that's like 2.6 pounds per week. I think I will be waiting to weigh myself as well; I am totally freaked out on Monday's when I weigh myself. The wait seems to be more profitable.
  • Roszepoo
    Roszepoo Posts: 46
    Options
    GREAT job!
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    congratulations! I only weigh myself maybe once a month and I know sometimes it is hard to resist the urge to not in between but the rewards at the end of the month are always a great smile!
    keep up the great work~
  • lilkatiebug
    lilkatiebug Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations! I love your 5 week weigh in rule, I think I am going to try that! Keep up the good work!
  • Jessica5000
    Options
    13 lbs is amazing!! I canNOT beleive you had the restraint to wait 5 weeks. Well I beleive you, I have difficultly waiting a week. Smart though. I'd rather see 13 every 5 wks, vs 2 every week. Seems like a bigger reward :)