Eating the same thing every day

Options

Replies

• ArmorForFitness
    ArmorForFitness Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It's soooo much easier to make the same food for the entire week. I make a lot of chicken breast, but use different seasonings to give a slight variety.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Yeah, as long as the meal plan is solid I can and DO eat the same things day in day out.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I have a breakfast rotation, something different almost everyday, the same dinner, and cook one or two different meals for my lunch every week (I go on Pinterest or something and find something new everyweek). My meals have never been super exiciting. Even when I was obese, all I ate for breakfast every morning were the same strawberry Pop Tarts.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,001 Member
    Options
    I do that a lot. Mostly with breakfast and lunch. I did it when I wasn't counting calories too. It is just easier for me. I tend to get in food jags. When I get tired of something I'll change and eat something different for a while.
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I can eat the same thing 3-4 days out the week - it's easy and I don't stress about it. I sometimes change the time of the day that I eat those same foods, which kind of makes it feel like variety. Changing up my snacks adds a small bit of variety, as well. Really, as long as my body is sufficiently fueled (as I'd like to think of it), I don't care too much about how it gets there.
  • Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I just find not only is it easier, it might save money to eat the same thing every day except for a few options for dinner.
  • tomw86
    tomw86 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Creature of habit here so identical breakfast and lunch on workdays, it varies on rest days and the evening meal is my time to experiment. That being said I do have a few fall-back recipes that I always have the ingredients for if I'm not in the mood to get creative.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Pretty much. Mainly cause I live alone and I'm young lol. Costco really makes it difficult to have variety. Eating the same things also helps me to keep somewhat of a track without tracking(:
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I did a muffin for breakfast for years, losing, gaining maintaining... I've also done sausage and eggs, oatmeal for a shorter period, but nowadays I'm doing three boiled eggs. I'll sometimes have something else and then it's like..... O-oh, didn't even feel that much different, the meal wasn't this amazing spectacular thing

Lunches maybe the same thing a couple days in a row but then I want to play with it a little. Due to occasionally doing lunch with people, it's not as easy to eat the same thing all the time. I try to vary dinner, but it's me pretty much deciding right there and then, wellllll what do I feel like right now? :)
  • shawnathan9
    shawnathan9 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly the same foods on a daily basis. Food is a source of fuel and nutrition to me. The body digests and utilizes foods much easier when it becomes a customer to a routine imho.

I choose wholesome plant based foods; Love the results. ;)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Just two of us at home so we eat a lot of the same things day in and day out. When we cook, we'll make a crock pot full, or double or triple the recipes, so we only have to cook maybe 2 or 3 times during a week.
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I make my breakfasts & lunches for the week on the weekend to make my life easier. Breakfasts are 1 hard boiled egg plus overnight oats mixed into plain Greek yogurt, add some kind of healthy fat (hemp, flax, chia seeds, almonds, walnuts, etc), almond milk, kefir, berries & spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.).
    I mix up my lunches but consist of protein, lots of greens & may or may not include a carb such as rice or potato.
    Dinner again I vary with lean protein, lots of veg & complex startch.
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I got in the habit of eating the same thing every day when I was in weight-loss mode, and now that I'm in maintenance I can't seem to shake it. I usually mix it up for dinner, but my standard breakfast is natural PB on a low-carb pita, and my standard lunch is a kale salad with chicken. I never get tired of either of these -- not so far, anyway! -- and I appreciate the control it gives me over my daily calorie intake. Something's working, because I lost 80 lbs this way, and have kept it off ...
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    my breakfast is pretty much the same but not the rest of my food!

how boring would that be?

but if you like it, go for it....
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    I am this way with snacks, but it tends to go in cycles; recently my snacks tend to almost always be yogurt, peanut butter banana toast, and a protein bar. Almost every day for like two weeks. But pretty soon I'll get sick of those things and find a new three for or four snacks to eat every day for a couple weeks - jerky, nuts, cottage cheese, tuna, whatever. I always eat different dinners, though. I have no idea why I tend to have this habit with snacks, but I do. I think I'm just lazy. It doesn't seem to have hurt anything, tho.
  • GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat the same thing every week. Breakfast is generally eggs/bacon/toast, lunch is generally one of three things and my dinners are mixed up some.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,264 Member
    Options
    I can't. I get bored of the same thing after a couple days. I need to mix it up!
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I tend to do that for breakfast. I alternate between Weetabix and oatmeal. For dinner I have maybe 6 or 7 dishes I alternate around. It works for me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Melmo1988 wrote: »
    Does anyone find it easier to eat the same things every day? For example for a week eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day and 2/3 dinners for the week? Or do you have to have a lot of variety?
    It's called systematic eating and it's easy for a lot of people to do. Lol, I at PHO for lunch everyday for like 5 years.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • LiftandSkate
    LiftandSkate Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've done this for years, as it makes meal planning and preparation, as well as calorie tracking and logging, so much easier. I dont mind eating the same thing for a while if it's nutritious and delicious!