does it count.

Options
btmixon
btmixon Posts: 55 Member
I think I already know tha answer to this question, but does drinking iced tea count toward my water intake?

Replies

• marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I would say yes. I don't usually drink tea, but I sometimes add the little packets of crystal light to my water and I still count it as water. It's still water afterall :smile:
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    If you make it from tea bags with no caffeine and don't add any sweeteners artificial or otherwise then you can call it water - similar to crystal light or any of that other such stuff
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Tea.. probably IMO. It started out as a glass of water and you added herbs to it. Some say no because of the caffeine content though.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Have you tried MIO?
    It is really good :)
    If it didnt have caffeine, then I would count it.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    No cafeine, Non Carbonated and No sugar = water So alot of Iced Tea would qualify.
  • contritebiggs
    Options
    yes and no. Yes because there's mostly water, no because it's tainted and it has sugar, if added, and caffeine, thus causing it not to be something you want to consume for every 8 oz glass of water that you consume in a day. Try one glass, then work till none. It's good for you minus the caffeine and sugar.
  • justavoice1989
    justavoice1989 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    yup yup. i do the same with my little wylers light packages. even if you add sugar or something just add that sugar intake in your snacks category or something so you are still keeping track!
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    If you make it from tea bags with no caffeine and don't add any sweeteners artificial or otherwise then you can call it water - similar to crystal light or any of that other such stuff

Even if you add sweeteners, you can call it water. Adding sugar doesn't magically make it not water. Just makes it sugar water.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    If it were like Lipton pre-bottled or Sobe Tea or something... no I wouldn't count that as water.
  • justavoice1989
    justavoice1989 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Have you tried MIO?
    It is really good :)
    If it didnt have caffeine, then I would count it.
    lol i have a friend who adds that to her vodka ^_^ lol i found that to be gross in teh vodka but good in water lol.
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    It's good for you minus the caffeine and sugar.

Question wasn't if it was good for you...
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I only count water as water, but IMO tea can only count if it is caffeine free and unsweetened.
  • sjhoffman
    sjhoffman Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well, I count just about any drink as water (my morning coffee, diet soda, juice - fresh brewed tea is much more like water than those), and also log it under meals or snacks to track the nutritional information. I thought the purpose of tracking water is to make sure your fluid intake is adequate, but I could be mistaken.